Prologue

It was the day of last exam of this semester. Park Hyerin would finally be free for sometime!
She had all the time in the world-
She was free, as a bird.

As the smell of freshly made waffles crept into her bedroom, Hyerin made her way downstairs to the kitchen. QC Her mother was cooking up some amazing waffles, and she was already munching on them.

"Waffles! They're father's favourite!" Mumbled Hyerin happily.
"Yes, and before you ask, chocolate sauce is in the oven, warming up a bit." Said her mother.
Oh, how her mother knew everything!

"Why haven't the servants shown up yet?" Wondered her mother out loud.

"They will not." A voice spoke, loud and bold.
Hyerin turned around to see her father, dressed in his business attire, carrying a briefcase in hand and his secretary trailing behind him with two suitcases in tow.

"Father? Why don't you―" Started Hyerin, with the intent of telling her father how great the waffles were.
"Princess, don't make this hard." He said, and turned towards the mother.

"You, because of you, our last venture failed so badly... You wanted family time? Too bad it's cost us a fortune here, ain't it?" He started angrily.

"What are you saying? And where are you going?" Hyerin questioned. Her mother stayed silent.

" I want no distractions, so I'm leaving. And yes, you all better start searching for a place to live, this mansion is sold." He muttered angrily and stormed off.

"And I promise I'll be back for you, princess..." He said before leaving.

The fork dropped from my hand, as mother started sobbing uncontrollably.

―――――――

An year later, and things were very different.

The rusty floorboards creaked as Hyerin walked over them and made her way to the stuffy kitchen.
Today was her first day of Highschool, and she couldn't afford to be late.

Her mother was sitting there, just finishing up her plate. Hyerin scoffed when she saw what it was. 

"Waffles? You know I hate them!" Said Hyerin.
"But―" her mother started to say, but was cut off.

"I'm getting late, so I better start walking, love you . See you later..." Said Hyerin, giving her mother a kiss on the cheek and leaving, before anyone could say anything.

Hyerin sighed as she looked at the old, beaten down house. It was the best they could get, with her mother working two part-time jobs.

Her mother was stubborn. Despite trying to convince her otherwise, she was insistent on making Hyerin continue her studies at her previous school, which was meant only for the rich people.

After the last semester though, Hyerin had enough and forcefully transfered to an 'average' school, for her high school. This school was by no means average, but had much lower costs than elite schools; it's motto being 'education for all'.

It had tough scholarship exams, clearing which you could get a scholarship for the whole duration of your highschool years.
She got the scholarship easily, as academics were always a piece of cake for her.

Hyerin put on her earphones to listen to some songs. It was awalking distance to her school.
She wanted these two years to pass peacefully; she hated drama.

Her lifelong goal was only one thing;
enrolling herself in the prestigious Australian University of Computer Sciences. It was THE best college for computer science, the exams were tough.
That's why, Hyerin wanted to focus more on that rather than highschool studies

Her ambition was to start her own software company- and make it the best the world had ever seen.

She reached the school within five minutes, and asked a random girl where the Principal's office was. The girl seemed friendly, but she was not here to make friends.

~At Principal's Office~

" We are really honoured to have a student like you! I've heard you were the top of your class!" The principal exclaimed happily.
Hyerin just smiled.

"This is your schedule and locker number. Your class is 3A, it is the top of the institute, wherein the top 30 students of your grade are there. I hope you get along with them. Enjoy!" She said, smiling gently.

"Thank you ma'am. I won't dissapoint." Said Hyerin. She was determined not to- her only intention was to study.

She exited the office and walked down the hallway, searching for her locker. She bumped into another girl, and asked her about her locker.

"334? Walk down near the end of hallway. You will find it.....
Wait! Your locker no is 334!" The girl exclaimed.
"So?" Hyerin was confused.
"So?! It means that you have your locker beside V's locker." She explained.
"V? Who is this V?" Hyerin asked, still not getting it.
"You go, you'll see. You're so lucky!!!" She squealed and walked off.

Hyerin just shrugged and walked down the hallway.
331,
332,
333,
... And finally 334.
Hyerin noticed to her surprise that people were making out in front of her locker. Disgusted, she took a step back and sat near the locker next to hers.

To be continued
___________________________________________
Hello readers! This my new fanfic. I hope you all enjoy reading it.
This was a short prologue to set the theme of the story and give some background. The prologue was in third person- rest of the fic is in first person, so please don't get confused. Any tips? Did you like it? Please let me know!

Byeee!