chapter 2

We reached the staffroom and I thanked Jackson for showing me the way.
After collecting the notes from staffroom, I headed towards the locker area.
There, I saw V, standing against his locker with a brooding expression like some anime villain character.
It looked as if he was waiting.

"Do you want to go for a tour of the campus?" He suddenly asked me. I was startled for a second, I didn't think he noticed me.

"Sorry, today's schedule is packed as it is my first day and there is no way I'm skipping lunch so... maybe tommorow?" I said.
He just nodded and walked off.

I finished my work at the locker and went to the cafeteria... Which was right next to the area I was currently in.
I got my lunch and looked around, searching for a seat when I caught Jackson waving at me, beckoning me to come over. He was sitting with another guy at the table too... He looked friendly.
I took the seat next to Jackson and introduced myself to the another guy.
He told me his name was Jeon Jungkook. He was a shy guy, avoiding my eyes when he spoke... And he didn't talk much.

But I'm Park Hyerin.

Soon, we were chatting away as though we were already friends from a long time, getting along very nicely.

Suddenly, a high pitched scream broke through the air.
"NO! YOU CANNOT DO THIS TO ME!" The girl wailed. Our heads turned towards the source of the commotion.
It was the girl from the morning.

V's girlfriend.
"Ex-girlfriend..." Jackson said. What, did I say it out loud?
"What? Weren't they kissing this morning?" I asked. Ex?
"Yeah, but the one week mark is over. Infact, this is one day late, but you get to watch." Jackson said casually, eating his sandwich.
Jungkook looked embarrassed.

"I don't get what you're saying..." I say, softly.
Jackson just laughs. "Wait and watch."

I looked at the girl. She was crying loudly. V stood there, looking bored.

"We were meant to be! See, we even passed the 7 day mark! No you cannot do this... You're mine! Just give me another chance please babe...."
She screeched. I couldn't control my chuckle. I glanced over to Jackson and  could see him chuckling too.

"Are you done? Now shoo. Off you go..." Taehyung waved her away with a motion of his hand.
To my surprise, she ran off.
Everyone resumed eating as though this was nothing new.
I narrowed my eyes when I noticed Taehyung approaching our table.
"Why is he coming here?" I whispered to Jackson.
He told me that he was Jungkook's best friend. What? Never would've thought it to be possible!  Unfortunately, I couldn't leave as it would be insulting to Jackson.

"Hey guys!" He said.
Jackson and Jungkook mumbled their acknowledgements.
"Hey babe, enjoying?" He asked me with a wink as I looked up to him, mortified.
"Certainly not more than you.. what a progress, isn't it? From a month to a week!" I snapped back sassily.

He gave me an angry glare but sat down nevertheless.

"Well Hyerin, Why did you change your school?" He asked me, seeming genuinely curious.
But I wasn't interested in this.

"I am not your friend, or your girlfriend to answer your questions." I replied, annoyed.

"Oh don't worry, you're soon to be.." he said.
My jaw dropped hearing that. What? Jackson and Jungkook choked on their food simultaneously... It was a bit funny.

I glared at Taehyung angrily. I hate this man's guts.
"I think we should leave if this is making you uncomfortable... " Jackson offered, studying my face.

"Wait, I've to make it clear that what he said JUST NOW is NEVER gonna happen." I said harshly.

"Yeah why not? I mean you have become sexier now, and I bet you're drooling over me." He commented.

"See, this is the reason. For your KIND information, Taehyung, I am definitely not into bad boys." I snapped again and got up from my seat.

Jungkook, Jackson and Taehyung glanced my body.

"Its true though." Jackson said softly.
"Do not get influenced by him!" I snapped my fingers at Jackson. Taehyung just smirked. The nerve of these boys... I glared at them and walked off.

"Oh! I am sorry, I didn't mean it like that!" Jackson apologized and followed me.

~Skip time~

After lunch we had sports. I chose to play tennis, half expecting to see V but to my surprise, I saw him going to the basketball ground.

"Hey Hyerin! Even you play tennis?" Wanna play with me? Fair warning, I'm the champion player here!" Jackson said.

"Yep sure, you're on!" I said. So I guess Taehyung doesn't play tennis in this school.

We played the match, and I lost because I used the western style whereas I play best using the semi-western style, which I didn't use as no one here uses it.
Surprisingly, for the first time I was not feeling bad when I lost, as Jackson was all over me, complimenting me for my best shots and pointing out his own mistakes to try and make me feel better. I liked it. It was so unlike my old school, where everyone just focused on winning and losing.

"Hey.." I recognized his voice and ignored it.

"Sweetie-" he started when I cut him off. "Hyerin." I corrected him.

"Okay, Hyerin. Why so rude? I just came here to tell you that you should have stuck to your semi-western style. You lost because you were uncomfortable with your style." He stated.

Huh? How did he know? Didn't he stop playing? I looked at him with a confused expression.

"No. I didn't stop playing. It's just that I do not play at school. " He said.

Did I say it aloud?
"No. You didn't say it aloud." He said.
Wtf? Is he reading my mind?

"Yes. I am reading your mind. You are sometimes like an open book. Anyone can read it." He said.
"Yeah, just shut up." I said and walked off, flustered. He still knew me so well.

To be continued... ____________________________________

Hello readers!!! I hope you like this chapter. Next will be updated soon. Pls vote and comment if you like it.