Chapter 5

Two handsome men reached at the gate of the palace of Gardenia, they were followed by a number of other servants, some of them were holding presents.

"Gardenia is as beautiful as I had heard" remarked Prince James

"Indeed, but I've also heard that the princess of Gardenia is the most charming woman ever seen".

You know me well, Arthur, I want to marry a wise princess, merely beauty is not what I seek" replied James

Prince James was a prince unlike many. He had vision and ambition along with courage. He was charming and intelligent. He had organized several programs in his youth that helped his people, however he was waiting for a perfect match. A woman who was beautiful and at the same time intelligent. He had met many princesses but none had his attention because they all lacked what James wanted the most. They all were merely pretty but had no idea of how politics worked.

"I pray every day that you may find the one beautiful and wise James"...  after a pause he said "my prince" as if had said James by mistake.

Arthur was the person James trusted the most. He stayed with him all the time, he was his advisor and secretary but most of all James considered him his best friend. Though Arthur respected him but never called him by his name while James wanted him to call him just that.

"Arthur, I have reminded you several times, that you can call me James, you are the only friend that I have" said James in a friendly manner

"I am honored by your sentiments" replied Arthur

As they were conversing, guards approached them and said

"The king and queen of Gardenia are waiting for you arrival, you must come with us"

They presented Prince James with a flower bouquet. James and his companion followed the guards.

As they approached the main hall they found King and Queen waiting for them

"Prince James, I am delighted to have you in my palace" said King Anderson

"My King, I am very humbled by this warm welcome of yours"... "Please accept the greetings and presents from the King and Queen of Queensland" said Prince James

"Oh Prince, you had not to bring these presents, however we must write to the King and Queen for their generous greetings" said the queen

"It gives me absolute pleasure that you have a liking for these" replied prince.

"Welcome to Gardenia, Prince James" Alexandra's soft voice echoed in the hall room

Prince James immediately turned to see the princess and he was bewildered by her beauty whereas Arthur's heart seemed to beat fast and then without understanding what was happening to him he turned the other side.

Arthur's reactions were a collection of sentiments, his eyes were happy yet confused, they had tears in them; yet satisfaction and contentment, his heart however was beating fast and his breath was not in control.

"Thank you Princess Alexandra, if I'm not wrong" replied Prince James

"You certainly are not wrong" replied Alexandra and then she had a glance of Arthur, immediately her expressions changed they were the same as Arthur's.

"Allow me to introduce my adviser, and Secretary Mr. Arthur"

"Mr. Arthur" Alexandra said and nodded

"My princess" he replied

"We are pleased to have you both here".. "Perhaps you should take some rest, and then we'll meet at dinner" said the King

"As you say, your highness"

"Guards accompany Prince James and Mr. Arthur towards their suits" commanded the Queen

Arthur and Alexandra could not keep their eyes of each other, while walking towards his room Arthur looked back and found Alexandra staring at him. He impulsively turned.