Chapter Five

I was starting to feel a bit stupid. It was all a childhood fantasy idea anyway... I mean, I didn't actually expect anything, did I? ... In my heart, I knew that I had expect something, anything, a sign maybe. But there was nothing. Except a car park.

---------------------------------------------

I started this new day feeling good. After going to the Empire State Building, I felt as though things could only get better, obviously I was wrong.

A couple of years ago, right in the midst of my avengers obsession, I came across the idea of finding out where stark tower was. As in exactly where it was, in the real world.

So I started looking up images of the New York skyline with stark tower and without. Eventually, I had a rough guess of where stark tower would be if it existed. I had one slight problem. I lived in England. Stark tower was in New York.

I never got the chance to investigate my ideas. New York was just that bit too far away and I knew there was no chance of mum and dad ever taking us in holiday there.

So without even thinking about it, I had packed this little scrap of paper into my suitcase, with hopes that my childhood dream would become reality. Obviously I'd been watching way too much TV (or reading too many fanfictions) because I actually believed that there was a chance that something might be there.

I went this morning. I was really excited as well, I got out my phone to film everything, just in case anything happened... But nothing did.

There was just a car park. Nothing more, nothing less. It was ordinary, but empty. I literally examined everything. I even put my phone down (it was still filming) so that I could search a bit better.

The car park was about average size, I'd say it could fit about 70 cars, but I'm not sure, I didn't count. There was no cars at all and there was a sign at the front saying that any cars that stayed longer than 2 hours would get towed away... Probably why the car park was empty. The paint on the ground marking the spaces looked reasonably old, it was fading and wearing away in places. In the centre of the car park there was a manhole, so all in all it was basically a normal car park.

After that wonderful let down, I went back to my room. I thought that that was the end of my bad luck, that I'd just be able to have a peaceful evening... But no, fate seems to have it against me. She (yes, fate is now a girl) didn't just want to embarrass me, she wanted to rub it in so that I simply couldn't forget my failures.

So guess what? I left my phone in the car park. Still on record. It's going to be dead by the time I pick it up. But I can't pick it up now because it's already dark, I could barely find my way there in the morning, let alone at night! So I guess I'm going to have to wait until morning... And hope that nobody picks it up. Basically, I have to hope that fate's not still mad at me.