Chapter Seven

Tucking a loose strand of my hair behind my ear, I pressed play again. My forehead was creased in my confusion as I rewatched the recording that I took two days ago.

It started with me filming the empty car park, I cringed at the sound of my voice as I hummed underneath my breath and spoke aloud to myself. I watched as I placed my phone down on the manhole and listened to my footsteps gradually fade into the distance, I could here my car start and then all was silent.

Normally at this point I skipped forward 20 minutes, but not this time. I was determined not to miss a thing, so instead I turned up the volume of my earphones so that it was on full and I waited. And waited. And waited. I was tempted to skip forward: being the impatient person that I am, I am rubbish at waiting, but I persevered and eventually it paid off.

It had just reached 17 minutes and 56 seconds when I heard a muffled voice. The voice had a British accent and sounded faintly robotic, it said
something that sounded a bit like:"Sir, the girl has gone."

------------------------------------------

After the words sunk in, I focused my attention on the film again. There was a scraping sound in the background and then suddenly there was light. Bright, bright light, the camera fuzzed a bit until it got used to the light change and things became clear again. I could see a man has picked up my phone, he had blondish, brownish hair and bluey-grey eyes. I could hear a metallic clunking sound, that familiar scraping noise and everything was dim. Not dark, the place appeared to be well lit, but it was not quite as bright as the sunshine.

The man who was carrying my phone cleared his throat and began to speak: "Erm... Stark?"
"Yeah?" Came a laid back voice, presumably from a man known as Stark.
"I found this." The man stated, I could hear footsteps, but the camera was facing the floor so I couldn't see anything.
"Damn it" Stark muttered underneath his breath, "that means that this girl's going to have to come back... We can't have anyone find out that we're here, this girl could ruin things for us..."
"How did she even find this place? I thought that Thor did something to protect the base..." The man murmured.
" Yeah well there will always be a chink in the armour, it was only a matter of time before someone got here...." Stark grumbled, beginning to walk away.
I could here some soft beeps and then there was silence. The man holding my phone began to walk away from Stark.
"Wait!" Stark exclaimed, "has that phone recorded our whole conversation?"
The man holding the phone turned it so that the camera was pointing towards his face.
"It is!" Stark shouted, "I know you're from the 1940s Steve but surely you'd notice this!"
Steve, the man holding my phone, looked annoyed at Stark but slightly guilty, he appeared to bite his lip in an attempt to stop himself from retaliating.

Stark grabbed my phone and looked at Steve,"Capscicle, I'm going to pause this film and then you are going to press the rubbish bin in the corner of the screen to delete it, alright?" He paused, "I might as well sort out this phone while we wait for Fury to get back to us, I've got nothing better to do.."

The film stopped as Stark's finger jabbed the screen. The screen was frozen with the image of Stark jabbing the screen, Stark had messy brown hair, brown eyes and tanned skin, he had a slight beard and moustache. I could only assume that Steve had failed in his task to delete the film. I grinned to myself as I put my phone down, I may be rubbish with technology, but at least I still beat some people!