Chapter 3

"No..."
There was nothing that John was afraid of. Nothing except Seraphina finding out his secret and leaving him. He had watched the whole scene unfold. People were taking picture and recording her scornful rant, hoping to see if he was John or not, and, most importantly, seeing how long it would be before he snapped.
"Please. Don't leave."
The whispering the the hall got louder. After all, they had only seen the "Joker" beating people up. They had never saw him as a person who had a feeling besides anger.
Seraphina narrowed her eyes, hoping it hid her fear and hurt. She said "Why should I stay. After all, all you did is betray me."
"Sera, I've been betrayed more than once. I know how it feels to be the most powerful than lose it all. Don't forget, I pretended to be a cripple for two years. For two years, I had to endure what I had experience at my old school before my power manifested."
His voice was strange, as if he had been possessed. Only Sera noticed this however. Everyone else in the crowd were scared and worried for their lives. Even though Seraphina had told them the Joker's identity, they didn't believe that the weakest turned out to be the most feared.
John continues his rant. " I been betrayed by the one person who helped me. Turns out she saw a vision that I would become the king and only decided to helped because of that. Then she decided to turn half of my class against me. Luckily, I beat them all. Unluckily, I got expelled. After a year, I came here. I wanted to turn over a new leaf. I didn't use my power. I didn't brag and beat up those who were weaker."
At this point, John's voice got louder.
"I was happy. Then you got suspended."
John pauses after this.
"Turns out Arlo was behind everything... He got you suspended, he made Isen dig for information about me. He made me think I was his friend. Then he took me to the turf war field to force me to reveal my ability. That where I had first dethroned him, as well as beating Ventus and Melli."
His voice was monotonous, having no emotion when saying everything that happened while Seraphina was kept in the dark.
"When you lost your ability, I went to the abandoned house after you left. Don't worry, I taught your kidnappers a lesson. After that, I told Arlo that I was going to destroyed the hierarchy. That's where we are now. There is going to be no hierarchy as long as I'm around."
The "Joker" finally took of his mask. His eyes were glowing and piercing, showing a crazed look. His smile widen as he extended arm. " There is no point for me to hide now... Join me Sera..."