Chapter 11

Remi PoV

Slowly, I saw light. Bright artificial light. Where am I? The last thing that I remembered was fighting John.

"Wait! Where am I! Did we lose?"

I shot up, looking around. A sinking feeling fill within me. We were defeated. He was just too strong. 

"Remi! You're finally awake! Are you all right?"

The voice that I heard was full of concern. I turned to look at the owner. 

"Seraphina?"

She seemed really upset. Her eyes lost their usual twinkle, with heavy eye bags and a bit red ness. 

She's been crying.

"Seraphina, do you know what happened?"

"The Joker won."

She said the word Joker with a hint of disdain. 

"The Joker is John! I know you might not believe me but he's not ----"

"I know"

I looked at her with surprise.

"Arlo told me to watch your fight" she continued "I recognized the fighting stances." Her voice was choked up. "He wanted to get my ability back."

I looked at her with a confused expression on my face. "Why?"

"Well...he wanted me to 'join him'."

"What does he mean by that?"

"I don't know.  All I know is that he has Cecile as an ally and he has everyone under his control."

Third person PoV

Both girls thought intently for a potential plan. Suddenly, Remi had an idea. 

"Remember when I was telling you about the ability amplifiers that I encountered?"

"Yeah....."

"Well maybe they could bring out the full potential of an ability. If we inject that, it might bring back your suppressed ability!"

"But what if I've completely lost my ability?"

"How did you lose your ability anyway?"

"Well..."

It took a while for Seraphina to explain her ambush. Remi listen in horror and noticed that during this whole time, Seraphina's expression seemed to be lost in thought, faraway, and dull. Her eyes no longer held a glimmer of hope, which she still kept even when she was a cripple. Remi noticed the flatness in her voice and how she nonchalantly recalled the details. Remi realized that Seraphina had lost her hope when the only person who seemed to be holding her up betrayed her trust. Remi quickly snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Seraphina talk about a drug that was injected in her. 

"So...That means that the injection might not work" Remi interjected Seraphina. "W-we can still try though" she said, trying to keep the situation from getting worse.

"It wouldn't matter anyways" Seraphina abruptly stood up "After all, I'm WoRThLeSs. 

Remi wanted to run after the magenta haired girl as she exited but the look she gave her told her not to.

"It must be John who did this..."

Elaine 

It had been a long day for the whole school. Elaine had finally arrived at the dorm room and saw all the light closed. She assumed that Seraphina probably wasn't home. She wondered how her roomate was holding up. She saw the video that circulated around the school and hoped that Seraphina hadn't snapped under pressure. She was about to enter her room when she saw that Seraphina's door was slightly ajar. She noticed Serphina, sitting in the dark, on her floor, staring up at the ceilng with her eyes slightly glowing. 

It wasn't the glow that came from using an ability. It was weaker, dulled out and faded. Elaine didn't look close emough to see the pain and sorrow in Seraphina's eyes or the one tear drop that slowly rolled down to her cheek.

Hey Y'all

Sorry for abandoning y'all for like 13 days (notherewebtoonpeeps decided to point that out). I might post tomorrow if i don't get lazy. When I wrote this fanfic, I literally told my bff "I might just write a fanfic". Now we are here. Even though I wrote this fanfic on a whim, I don't regret it. Thank you for waiting and thank you for (almost) 3k reads. UWU

Hana (Still a sadist for making readers wait and leaving them on cliffhangers uwu)