Chapter 7

Seraphina
"My...ability?"
Seraphina had given up contemplating getting her ability back. It had been a long time since the days where she slept peacefully, without the burden of her ability loss. She got too used to her "gift" so much so that she tricked herself, thinking nothing would happen to her... Now, her whole world was crashing down around her.
Her seemingly calm world was in reality, one full of lies and deceits. Nothing was right anymore. Those who handled the school were beaten up. When she was finally able to catch her breath, just for a moment, she found out her best friend was the reason why everyone around her was in angst.
She wanted to give up all hope. But she still had a sliver of faith in John. She believed, that maybe, if she got her ability back, she could take John down and make him revert back to his former self. The one who goofs around and doesn't let what others say get to him. Maybe, just maybe, there was a solution.....
"Seraphina?"
It brought her back to reality. Back to the classroom, where everyone was looking at her for an answer. The voice not menacing. It was softer, though still a bit frosty.
"I'll go... to get my ability back."

John
John hardly recognized his voice. He didn't know what was happening.
"How come I'm talking to Sera in this manner... Why am I calling her by her full name."
He was confused.
Sometimes, his visions were hazed up. Sometimes, he had the urges to do things that were unforgivably horrible. Sometimes, it is like his body moves for him, like he doesn't have control... and it drives him crazy...
He tried to fight over what was possessing him, especially after what happened in New Bostin. He really tried to be better. In the end, however, it ended up being the same. He found no purpose in trying anymore. After all, Sera hated him.
He was always fragile. It was as if any gust of wind could break him. He was broken. Broken into many pieces. He was a two faced liar. He knew that. He hid behind a mask because if he took it off, he would show the world something that would scar and harm it.
Nothing matters now... Now that Sera knows what I truly am. Maybe I should just be the Joker. After all, it seems to be my true nature. I could never be a good person...
With that, he sank deeper into the thing that possessed and engulfed him...

Third Person PoV
They were silent as they walked up the stairs, all the way up to the roof. Everyone cleared the path for them, wanting to see what might happen. The video had circulated to almost everyone. They were scared, but they were also curious. They had heard that the Joker might create an anarchy.

****************As they kept walking, Seraphina felt a lingering presence. When she stopped and turned around, she saw a familiar, petite red head. 

"Evie"

She was running, with her hand outstretched, calling Serphina's name. Suddenly, a black barrier started to form around her, shrinking rapidly. Seraphina turned around to see John controlling the barrier, with a bored and annoyed expression, as if he were shooing away a pesky fly. She looked at him with anger and disgust.

"JOHN! WHAT THE HECK! LET HER GO!"

John blinked at her shouting, then proceeded to say, with the same bored and annoyed tone as his expression, "Don't let things like her distract you from your goal..."

Seraphina let all anger bubble up. Then she suppressed it. She could never win against the Joker.  She sighed, then began to negotiate.

" I won't be distracted Joker. I don't know what you did with my best friend, but I know you are not John. Now please let her go..."

It took all her courage to say that. After all, the Joker wouldn't spare her. This wasn't John...

The Joker was emotionless while he released Evie. He turned to look at Seraphina, then began walking up the stairs. Having no choice, Seraphina looked back at Evie on last time with a sorrowful glance, then turned to follow the Joker.

When they reached the roof top, Seraphina didn't know what to say when she saw them...

*VERY  IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T SKIP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOOOOO SOME OF YOU MIGHT SEE THAT I ADDED MORE OF THE CHAPTER. THE VERSION BEFORE (EVERYTHING BEFORE THE BOLDED ROW OF STARS) WAS WRITTEN ON MY PHONE. I FORGOT TO SAVE IT BEFORE WORKING ON THE CHAPTER ON MY LAPTOP. THAT MEANS THAT I HAD TWO DIFFERENT ENDINGS TO A CHAPTER. WHEN I FIRST PUBLISHED THE CHAPTER, IT WAS THE VERSION ON MY LAPTOP. I DON'T KNOW WHEN IT CHANGED TO THE ONE ON MY PHONE BUT IT DID. THIS IS THE FULL CHAPTER. I AM SORRY IT GOT CUT OFF. 

thank you for reading and enjoy ur cliff hanger.

Bai

Hana (the sadist ) :D