Chapter 13

It was like a bad dream. The collapse of the highly important yet highly fragile hierarchy. It kept society together yet once someone with power goes against the cornerstone, the hierarchy threatens to collapse and fall, causing destruction and heavy damage to everyone. The weak, the powerful, the ones who don't have anything, the ones who have everything, they all have the same probability of facing demise once the cornerstone is removed. No one is safe.

           There is one person who knows this personally. She was once powerful yet at the same time, she was helpless. She was pinned onto a wall by the hierarchy and told to obey, causing her to break down. Yet when she went against the hierarchy, misfortune took upon her. She knew a friend who went against the hierarchy, proclaiming flaws in the seemingly spotless system and wanting a change. Yet change was cruel...

            As Seraphina sat silently, staring into nothingness, she thought upon the change in the hierarchy throughout her life. When people questioned her about her use of her power to change the system, they were often not able to understand the flaws that it held. Yet no one knew better than Seraphina about the damages someone could inflict because of a flawed system.

             Once upon a time, there was a boy. He was unassuming, average yet he held a dark secret. He was bullied yet he bullied others. He was both a friend and an enemy. When Seraphina quoted this boy, saying her best friend was the one who opened her eyes to the flaws in power, society yet also the one who closed his eyes to his own tyranny and abuse, no one knew who she was talking about. After all, there was no one by the name of John Doe...

Authors note:
Y'all can murder me in the comments.