Chapter 12

Seraphina 

worthless...

The word echoed in Seraphina's mind. She felt that nothing mattered anymore. She didn't have a reason to wake up or do anything at all. There would be no one to support her, no one who she could call a friend. 

"Lies"

"All of it was lies."

She felt a teardrop roll slowly down from her cheek. She didn't know why she was crying. After all, people were all worthless. Those who sucked up to her when she stood at top, those who judged her for the tiniest details. Those who took advantage of her fallen state. Even the one who she called her best friend.

She wasn't sure if she should be spiteful or anguished. Really, she didn't care for it anymore. 

She just felt like a shell of who she was before. She looked back to her happier days and wondered why she ever trusted anyone, why she ever bothered to have friends.

She didn't feel the urge to do anything. She found no pleasure in playing games that she used to find joy in and felt trapped within her own body. All she could do was try to sleep the pain away...

She had trouble sleeping. Every  time she closed her eyes, she was sinking. She tried to get up with no avail. The sea was pulling her down, forcing her to drown. There was nothing she could do. She felted choked by an invisible force. Every time she tried to swim to the surface, she was roughly pulled down into the darkness. She finally gave up, surrendering herself to the sea. Even though she couldn't see them, she knew that everyone was up at the surface, perfectly fine and breathing. 

They wouldn't know she drowned. They wouldn't care anyways. She would just disappear quietly...