Sick Day

A/N - those who said yes to discord please send me ur thingy over PRIVATE MESSAGE  thank u!

John's POV

Two weeks later

I heard Alex scream and I shot off the bed. Glass had shattered and I know for a fact that Alex is bare foot.
"Baby!" I rushed into the kitchen to find Alex huddled in the corner against counter, staring at the ground and shaking. "What's wrong, Peaches?" I had just gotten home from work so I was still fully dressed. I followed Alex's finger to the cockroach crawling around in the shards of glass and chuckled. "Watch it." I jogged to the laundry room and grabbed the fly swatter I kept. I killed the roach and flushed it down the toilet.
"Johnny!" Alex called.
"Don't move, baby! Let me come to you!" I jogged back to him and pick him up, letting him wrap his legs around me. I carried him to the bedroom and laid him down. "Are you hurt at all?" Alex began to cry and I pulled him into my lap.
"I'm sorry!" He wailed, I held him tightly and kissed his face. Alex has gotten moodier in the past couple of weeks and I swear he's been eating more. He denies it but I don't mind. He used to live on the street, maybe his stomach has finally gotten used to the lifestyle. I kissed him gently and he calmed down, snuggling into me. He whimpered and I pet his hair.
"Why are you sorry?"
"I broke your plate." Alex sobbed, I frowned and shrugged.
"There's two of us. We don't need more than like...ten plates."
"But I made you dinner." He mustered his courage and sat up, sniffling.
"You didn't have to that, Peaches." I cooed. "Why don't we get you dressed and we'll go out to McDonalds."
"Ok." He mumbled, I started to dress him and he swatted my hands away from his breasts. I was just trying to help him with his sports bra and I quickly backed off him.
"What's wrong, baby?"
"Nothing."
"Baby, you're more sensitive. What's going on with you?" I cooed.
"I think I'm just PMSing." He muttered.
"For two weeks, sweetie?"
"I've PMSed an entire month." He giggled, I chuckled and kissed his forehead.
"Ok, let's get you dressed. Am I allowed to touch you?"
"Yes." Alex rolled his eyes playfully and fixed his bra. I helped him get dressed and held his hand as we headed to the car.

"Fries!" Alex grinned and stuffed his face. I laughed and pulled his closer to me in the booth. "Hey, John?"
"Hm?"
"I'm gonna quit." I frowned and looked down at him.
"Quit what?"
"Stripping." That took me by surprise and I stared at him.
"What? Why?"
"It's not fair to you." He sniffed. "If I'm going to marry you I can't be whoring around every night."
   "Alex-"
   "I love you, John. I'm marrying you. I don't want to cheat on you every night and I don't want you to be ashamed of me."
   "Ashamed of you?"
   "When people ask what I do I don't want you to have lie and be ashamed." He sniffed and I kissed the side of his head.
   "Baby, I'll never be ashamed of you. You're gorgeous and kind and I won't lie to people about what you do. I'm proud of you. You're good at what you do and I know you like doing it." I kissed him gently and brushed his cheek with my thumb, our faces being centimeters apart. "I love you with all of my heart." Alex smiled lightly and nuzzled into my neck.
   "You're perfect." I blushed and hugged him tightly.
   "Nah, you're perfect." I hummed.
   "Shut up...I still have to quit, John." I sighed and kissed his cheek.
    "At least give it a month?"
   "Fine." Alex muttered, I smiled and he stuffed his face with fries. "I love you."
   "I love you more."
   "I love you most."
   "Well I love you-" we spent the rest of the time bickering about who loves the other more and I let Alex win. On the way home he passed out in the passenger seat and when I got home I smiled down at him. I didn't have the heart to wake him so I carried him to bed. I stripped his clothes and left him in a sports bar and boxers. I undressed myself and laid with him, falling asleep quickly.

   I woke up to someone tossing next to me and I pulled Alex closer to me, trying calm him down.
   "I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" Alex whispered.
   "No."
   "You're a liar." I chuckled and yawned.
   "What time is it?"
   "About six a.m." Alex muttered, I had to get up at seven and Alex definitely felt guilty. "I'm sorry."
   "How long have you been up, Peaches?" I pulled him closer to me and he huffed.
   "Like four a.m. I just can't sleep." He mumbled, I kissed the top of his head and laid my head on his.
   "Close your eyes." He obeyed and I hummed a lullaby my mother used to sing to me. Soon Alex was snoring lightly in my arms and I chuckled. I carefully got up and sighed. "Guess I'm up now." I kissed Alex's forehead and headed to the kitchen. I've been having to go into work more often to help my dad with the company and learn the ropes of his job. I got ready quietly and left a note for Alex on the counter. I kissed his forehead goodbye and slipped into the elevator.