Best Of Worst

Sebastian's POV

I took a deep breath before pressing the doorbell. I was never felt this nervous about anything before. I tried to keep myself calm. The door opened and I found the person opened the door. I could easily say that this lady was Mackenzie's mother. She resembles a lot to her mother.

" Is this Cronford's house?" I asked her and she nodded.

" Yes. But whom do you want?" She asked me.

I could see those eyes of hers were full of sadness. She was trying hard to keep her grief inside. I sighed deeply. What else should I expect from her at this moment?!!

" I want to meet Mackenzie Cronford's family." I said and her eyes opened widened. This time her tears slipped down her cheeks. She hold my hands at once.

" Do you know where my daughter is? Do you know how she is now?" She asked me at once. I sighed.

" Can we talk inside?" I asked her. She nodded.

" Come inside." She said and I entered the house as she closed the door behind. " Have a seat." She said and I sat on the living room.

I found some family photos hanging on the walls. It's all about Mackenzie. Why won't it?! She is their only child.

" Mr. Cronford?" I asked her.

" He has gone to the restaurant after all these days. I will call him to come back. Wait." She said.

" Nothing to hurry, Mrs. Cronford. It's ok." I said to her and she looked at me for awhile then looked away.

" How is my baby?" She asked me.

" She is doing well." I said.

" Then who isn't she coming back home?" She asked me.

" It's not that easy, Mrs. Cronford. There are people after her. They want to harm her and use her in this game." I said to her. She wiped her tears.

" When is she coming home?" She asked me.

" We keep telling her that she will come back home soon but I know it is not going to happen any soon." I said to her. She looked at me sadly.

" She is not involved in these at all. Why are you keeping her caged there?" She asked me.

I can't understand the feelings of a mother but at least I can feel that a but. Her daughter is taken away from her and there is no valid reason behind it but she has valid reasons to get furious.

" We didn't keep her caged there. She is kept protected there." I said to her.

She sighed deeply. She was about to say something but suddenly the couple appeared in the living room and I stood up. I knew that they were Mackenzie's grandparents.

" Who is this, Jennifer?" Mrs. Cronford Sr. asked her.

" Uhh... He is .. umm...I didn't ask him his name yet. I am sorry. What's your name?" Mrs. Cronford asked me.

" I am Sebastian Wittgenstein. Nice to meet you, Ma'am." I said to Mrs. Cronford Sr. shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you, Sir." I said to Mackenzie's grandpa and shook his hand as well. 

" Nice to meet you, young man. But do we know you?" He asked me sitting across me gesturing me to take the seat. I sat across him.

" You might have talked to my grandfather admiral Wittgenstein of Navy Seals." I said to him and he looked at me weirdly then looked at the ladies.

" I know you guys must be thinking why am I here. I have my reasons. I will explain you everything. No worries." I said.

" It better be valid." He said and I nodded.

" Before I explain anything do you guys want to talk to Mackenzie?" I asked them.and their eyes opened widened.

" Can we?" Her mother asked.

" She is your daughter, Mrs. Cronford. You have full right to talk to your daughter. No one can stop you." I said and took my phone.

I called Brielle and put it on speaker. I knew she will be with Brielle anyways.

" Hello!!" Brielle said.

" Hello!!! Brie, it's Seb." I said.

" Oh, Seb!!! Where are you?! Everyone is searching for you. Where did you vanished? You know what happened? That Anna came and said sorry to Enzy. Cool, no?" She said in one breath and I sighed.

" Listen Brie, I have to tell you something very important." I said to her.

" I am all ears." She said.

" I am here in London. In Mackenzie's house sitting with her Grandparents and mother to be exact. I want you to make her talk to them. Is she around?" I asked her.

" Wait... What?!! Are you there in the UK?" She asked me.

" Yes, I am here." I said to her.

" Does the old man know that?" She asked me.

" No. Can we discuss about that later, please, Brielle?" I said to her and she sighed deeply.

" Enzy!!!" Brielle called her.

" Who is dying!!!" We heard her voice and their eyes opened widened.

" My baby girl!!!" Mrs. Cronford almost snatched the phone. "Mackenzie!!! Can you hear me, love? It's momma." She said at once.

" Hello, who's that?" We heard her voice may be he didn't listened anything before.

" Baby girl!!!" Mrs. Cronford said and their was a long pause on both the sides.

" Momma!!!" We heard her voice first from the other side.

" My baby!!!" Mrs. Cronford couldn't hold back anymore. Her tears slipped down her cheeks.

" Momma!!! Momma, everything ok?! Why are you crying?" She asked her mother.

" How are you, love?" Mrs. Cronford asked her.

" I am perfectly fine, Momma. Stop crying. I will be back soon." She said and her mother controlled her tears.

They talked for awhile. I just kept listening them. She talked with her grandparents too.

" Momma, how did you get Brielle's number?" She asked her mom. Mrs. Cronford looked at me but I shook my head.

" They gave us the number." Mrs. Cronford said.

" Oh, ok." She said.

Then she hung up and I texted Brielle not to tell her anything yet. I just don't want things get worst.

" I understand everything but I don't get it why did you came here to meet us?" Mrs. Cronford asked me. I sighed. I thought for a second about how to tell this to them.

" Mackenzie can't come home that early." I said to her.

" You told that to us before." She said.

" But that doesn't mean you guys can't go to her." I said and they looked at me weirdly.

I think it will be enough for now. May be best of the worst.