Hell Confused

Mackenzie's POV

" Why are we going to meet him today?" Kelly asked me.

" Because Josie said there is an important meeting in the head quarter today as the president want to discuss something with them and they will be very busy with that. So, they can't follow us today. We can do our works without any problem." I said.

" But Issy is still there." She said.

" You call Issy and tell him that we are with your mom. I have told Sebastian the same thing." I said to her.

" But if he finds out the truth?! Mom is in the office." She said.

" I told your mom if they calls then tell them that we are there with her." I said to her.

" Oh!! When do you do those things?! You are turning evil and tricky like Seb." She said and I chuckled.

" I have to otherwise I will not be able to handle him." I said to her and she chuckled.

" What about Karina and Nancy?" She asked me.

" They will stay at home. What will they do going there with us? Besides I don't want them to get involved into these things." I said to her.

" But if they tells Seb that we are going out to meet him?" She asked me.

" They will not. Because we will not tell them about that." I said to her.

" Really?! Then what will you tell them if they ask you where are you going?" She asked me.

" The same thing that I have told Seb and you are going to tell Issy." I said to her.

" What if they want to come with us?" She asked me.

" You can relax they hate business things from the bottom of their hearts. They will not want to come." I said to her and she nodded.

We got ready and walked out of my room. I found Karina and Nancy watching TV and having Mac n cheese. I wanted to have it as well but we will be late then. If the meeting ends and Seb doesn't find me here at home he will create a big mess here. I don't want that happen.

" Where are you girls going early in the morning?" Karina asked us.

" Going to Quinlivan's office. Mrs. Quinlivan called us to help her a bit in the meeting as Mr. Quinlivan is not around." I said to her and she rolled her eyes.

" Ok. You go. I will stay at home." She said.

" Will you come with us, Nancy?" I asked Nancy who was too busy watching the movie just shook her head.

" This movie worth staying at home." She said and I chuckled looking at Kelly who nodded smirking at them.

" Ok, then. We are leaving. Tell Brielle and Josie that we will be back before afternoon." I said to her and she nodded.

We came out of the house and found Kelly's car waiting for us to take us to our destination. I am very conscious after the kidnapping incident.

" Check if it's your chauffeur." I said to Kelly and she nodded.

" Peter!!!" She called the chauffeur.

" Yes, ma'am." He replied looking at us.

" Let's go." Kelly said and got into the car. I nodded.

I followed her and got into the car as it started to drive the destination we wanted to go. We reached there after 30 minutes and told the chauffeur to wait for her there. We walked toward the house and pressed the bell. Once the door was opened he came out.

" Good morning, Mr. Langford. Hope we didn't disturb you." Kelly said to him and he kept looking at us weirdly for awhile.

" You guys? Here?" He asked us.

" Why?!! Can't we come here?" I asked him.

" No. No. I didn't mean that." He said.

" Then what did you mean?" I asked him.

" I ... Umm... Nevermind. Please, come inside." He said and we went inside. "Have a seat." He said and we sat there in the living room.

" Coffee or tea?" He asked us.

" Thanks for asking but we don't need anything. You can relax." I said to her.

" Ok. If you say so." He said.

" We gave you our numbers to you but you never called us. What's with that?" Kelly asked him.

" Oh, I forgot. In fact I was very busy these days to call you. I had some works to do. This why couldn't call you and there is not much to do tell you as well. So, I thought to call you later." He said.

" Not much. Means there is at least something that you want to tell us. Isn't it?" I asked him.

" Yeah. But it isn't that important. It can be passed." He said.

" Really?! Why don't you share that with us then let us decide if it's important or not?" I asked him.

" Actually I didn't find anything about it. I was so busy these days." He said.

" With paintings?" I asked.

" Excuse me? How do you know that I was busy with my paintings?" He asked us.

" Relax. Your neighbors told us when we were searching for your house that day. So, if you are an artist then you would definitely be busy with your paintings. What else can keep you that busy??! You are not a criminal to do crimes all these times, are you?" I asked him.

" No, I didn't mean that." He said.

" You never mean anything anyways." I said.

" Generally how much does your paintings cost? I heard you have sold one of the paintings in 10 millions recently. Show us some demos. May be we also buy some from you. You will get a huge amount from us.what do you say?" I asked him and his facial expressions changed at once. He looked at us coldly.

" Who are you? How do you do that?" He asked me.

" You should know that by now. I am Mackenzie Cronford and she is Kelly Quinlivan. You not meeting us the first time today. Are you?" I asked him and he looked at us sharply.

" You guys come to know much more than you should. I think I should say goodbye to you both right here." He said and picked out the gun at once. Kelly looked at me in horror but I kept looking at him with a straight face.

" Why too hurry, Langford?" We heard a voice and turned to see who it was. As soon as the person came to view it shocked us as well. What is he doing here?!! Kelly gave me a confused look. I bet my face was mirroring hers. Both of us were hell confused.