Shock After Shock

Mackenzie's POV

" Oh, stop it now." Brielle gritted it on phone. I sighed.

" Calm down, Brielle." Sebastian said.

" How to calm down, Seb?! They damn promised it. Your grandpa is not keeping his promises." She said and I sighed I don't want them fight because of me.

" Stop, guys. Stop fighting like that." I said clutching my head.

" How can you say that, girl!!! They are trying to get you killed." She shouted.

" It's not them. They will not do that. At least I do believe that." I said to her.

" I know them very well, Mackenzie. They are not that good like you think them of." She said.

" Alright, Brielle. We are not complaining about them." I said.

" Why not?! They have to understand that they are wrong. They send us here saying there is no risk in this but there is actually problem in this. You can see it here." She said. " They had almost killed you."

" Brielle, I am fine. Look at me. I am perfectly fine. You shouldn't get hyper. Just calm down. Everything is fine." I said to her and she chuckled.

" Yeah, very fine. Why are you trying to convince me because I was fighting with Seb? He deserves that. He knew that. He at least has clue about that." She said glaring at Sebastian who just rolled his eyes.

" They are not any of them. This was someone else." Sebastian said.

" Who was that?" I asked him.

" We will come to know that very soon." He said. " Trust me."

" Don't trust him. He must involved in this plan of that old man." She said.

" What are you saying, Brielle? Are you mad?!!" Sebastian asked her.

" Yes, I am mad." She gritted.

" Brielle, I think you should cooperate and why will they try to kill me?" I asked her.

" Do whatever you want. I don't care." She said and walked out of the room banging the door hard.

" Brielle!!" I tried to call her back but he stopped me.

" Let her go. She will come back in awhile." He said and I sighed deeply.

" I don't know what is happening. I really don't know." I mumbled.

" Have you said something?" He asked me. I chuckled.

" What is left to say?! You know what happened to me till now. I am stuck somewhere out of place and out of time. I am the wrong here. I can't blame anyone else. I don't know what have I done to be here. Can you explain that to me?" I asked him. He kept looking at me for awhile then looked away.

" Everything happens for a reason." He said and I sighed.

" I don't find any valid reason about that." I said. He sighed deeply.

" It was supposed to happen." He said.

" But why with me?! Why? Just tell me why?" I asked him and he shook his head.

" I don't know." He said. I nodded.

" No one knows. Then who knows the reason?! Can someone give me the answer?" I asked him and he sighed.

He kept looking at the snowing weather outside. Everything was like covered under a thick duvet of silent. I sighed looking at him forearm which was wrapped in bandage. I still don't know why did he risk his life for me?! I didn't get the chance to ask him actually. But one thing is clear if he didn't come in time then that bullet would hit me and I might have died by now.

" Why did you do that?" I asked him more like that came out of my mouth. He turned looking at me raising one of his eyebrows. " Why did you risk your life for me?" I asked him and he sighed. Then looked away looking out of the window. I didn't say anything. I gave him some time but he didn't answer my question. " I am waiting." I said and he looked at me over his shoulder then looked away.

" I myself also searching for that reason. I don't know why I did that. I will definitely tell you if I come to know that answer. Sooner or later. May be." He said to me and I kept looking at him weirdly.

" What do you mean?" I asked him.

" I don't know." He said.

" Then who did you say that?" I asked him.

" No idea. It came out of my mouth." He said to me and I sighed deeply.

May be he is not comfortable with that. I should keep bothering him asking that again and again. It may make him uncomfortable.

" We will send you back home soon. Very soon. Very very soon." He said to me.

" Really?!?" I asked him.

" Yes." He said giving no damn reason with that to make it feel truth but I don't know why I still believed him. May be because it wasn't his fault still he asked for forgiveness and may be because he has saved my life today without thinking about his life and safety. There are reasons to trust him. There are. I should believe him. At least I think I should.

" I trust you." I said to him and he looked at me then nodded.

" We are trying our best. We don't want to hurt you, Mackenzie. It was a mistake and we will keep regretting that the rest of our life. It was a fault. We can't take it back or change it.  We can't. But we can do something which can repay you for everything. May be we can't do anything right because the damage has done already. We will try our best to make it up for you." He said.

" I trust your words." I said without thinking about it twice.

I kept looking at him. He sighed deeply and walked towards me. He didn't say anything just sat next to me silently for awhile. I was trying to understand actually why was he upset or tensed. Was it because of the attack or it was because he couldn't figure out who it was?!! But I am damn sure he will find it out very soon and he will give that person the right treatment.

I nodded and suddenly out of the nowhere he pulled me into his arms and gave him a tight hug. I was totally shocked even to react. I think my breath was stuck and my heart forgot to beat on this sudden act of his. He broke the hug after awhile and I was looking at him with my eyes open widened and jaws hitting the ground. He didn't say anything after that just stood up and left the room leaving me totally shocked.

I was still thinking about it when the door was opened and Brielle came inside the room.

" We are leaving for New York in awhile. Pack your stuffs, Enzy. Hurry up." She said and I nodded.

What was going on?!! I was just getting shock after shock!!!