Encounter with a Pirate

Why should I marry an old geezer for money?

I was going for a walk through town to clear my head of stupid arrainge marriage nonsense, when I heard a shout. I raised a brow and opened the blacksmith door.

I looked and saw a man with dreadlocks tied back by a red bandana. He had facial hair that went to two braids down his chin with a mustache.

I stood there staring at him while he stared back at me. It went on a couple of moments, as I observed his wrists that had been sshackled. I laughed seeing the hammer in his hand. "That will never work. I hope you know that."

I took his chains and put them on the teeth of the gears. I grabbed a red hot sword and gently touched it to the unsuspecting mule. Startled, it started moving and the mechanism worked.

They broke and I went to walk away when I heard the latch to the door move.

The man covered my mouth with his hand and held me in place. He backed us up to a dark corner of the shop and whispered in my ear. "Not a sound, Luv."

I stomped on his foot and pulled his arms behind his back twisting his wrists. "Do not give me a pet name."

He chuckled at me. "Nice job at restraint, but."

He broke free from my hand and turned pressing me against the wall. "You will need to do more than that to stop Captain Jack Sparrow."

He pushed my hair behind my ear and smirked. "Why break my chains?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Something to do."

I heard the door open and Will entered. He took off his jacket and looked to see Brown drunk in the corner. He sighed. "Right where I left you."

He looked around and stops the donkey. He noticed the sledge off of the peg and on the anvil. 

"Not where I left you."

I saw the three-pointed hat Will was about to touch and saw Jack pointed the tail of his saber on Will's hand. He leveled it at Will, causing him to step back.

"You're the one they're hunting. The pirate." He responded with a glare.

Jack frowned at Will. "You look familiar... Have I ever threatened you before?"

"I've made a point of avoiding familiarity with pirates," Will responded.

Jack puts his sword away. "Ah. Then it would be a shame to put a black mark on your record. So if you'll excuse me..."

Beside the door was a grindstone, a sword resting in the honing guide. Will takes a sword in hand before jack can react. He levels it at the pirate.

Jack smirked. "Do you think this is wise, boy? Crossing blades with a pirate?"

"You threatened Miss Swann." Will hissed as he assumed an en garde position.

Jack smirked as he ran his sword blade along Will's. "Only a little."

Jack attacked and they both took turns trading feints, thrusts, and parries with lightning speed, almost impossible to follow. Will had no trouble matching Jack.