Surprised

I opened my eyes and stood up off the ground. I noticed a female figure sitting in a chair.

Upon a closer observation, I noticed it was my mother with her black hair, and some slight gray strands to it. I watched as she was wrote in a journal.

I saw the Cortés family coin on it. I saw a younger version of me sitting next to her. She spoke in Mayan to me. "Ember, this is important. Mantenga le oculto sáansamal. Beet le ba'ax je'el páajtal utia'al mantener u náach ti' le realeza, le marineros yéetel le oficiales."

She handed me the journal. I nodded and held the journal closely. "Je'el, na'."

The door was burst open and my mother pushed me behind her. "Don't bring harm upon my daughter!"

I asked her. "Mom! What is going on?!"

The sailors grabbed her roughly amd held me back from getting her. I heard her shout to me. "Chéen wa'al ti' leti'ob ti' le a wojel u confías! Ember, I love you."

I saw her get taken away and moments later heard a loud shot from pistols.

I broke free from the sailors and saw my mother on the ground dead. I blood pour from her wounds.

I woke up, sweat beading down my face and soon realized, I was in my my bed. I was wearing a white embroided dress. I was confused. I knew I was shot by Barbossa.

Why am I alive? I thought.

Then I remembered a legend my mother told me. I went to my stand and grabbed my book. I opened it and went to the binding. I grabbed the key hidden in it.

I took the key and unlocked the box under my bed. I opened it and grabbed the journal. I read what was in it and saw it in Mayan. Kaaxtaj taak'in desaparecido, kíimil yóok'ol ta wéet. K'i'ik'el u ts'akik.

That translates to 'Treasure returned, Death upon onesself. Blood heals the blessed.'

I thought it was just a rumor. The treasure was returned, I did not kill myself, so I lived.

So what is blood heals the blessed? I thought.

I smiled and opened the door. I heard the maids talking.

"Sparrow is at the gallow. I wish I could see it."

I looked at my bedside and ran saw my baldric, belt, and weapons. I ripped my dress at the bottom so I could run. I put on my effects, as I ran in a hurry. The maids gasped at the sight of me.

One of them fainted and I laughed. "Sorry, to scared you!"

I ran to the Gallows and saw the noose around Jack's neck. I ran passed Uncle Swann, Elizabeth, and Norrington. They all looled surprised.

I saw Jack drop from the trapdoor and shouted. "No!"

A sword was thrown at his feet amd he ballanced on it. I sighed in relief with tears down my face. I hid out of the way.hkl

The execitioner threw an axe at Will and he dodged it losing his sword. He dodged the executioner again and the axe cut the rope.

Jack stood and slit the rope that boud his hands on the sword that is sticking in the trap door. Jack raced from under the gallows, as Will leapt down. Jack pulled off the noose, tossed one end of the rope to Will. They trip some Marines coming down the steps as they run up. Will and Jack went left.

The Marines, led by Gillette, had cut them off. They whirled right and more Marines came about. Rifles were brought to bear. They were cornered.

Norrington strode up, followed by Swann and Elizabeth. Norrington held his sword on Will and Jack.

Norrington glared at Will. "I thought we might have to endure some ill-conceived manner of escape attempt. But not from you."

Uncle looked mad. "On our return to Port Royal I granted you clemency, and this is how you thank me? By throwing in your lot with him? He is a pirate!"

Will threatened. "And a good man.." Will threw his sword aside and I smiled. "If all I have achieved here is that the hangman will earn two pairs of boots instead of one... So be it. At least my conscience will be clear."

"You forget your place, Turner." Norrington cautioned.

Will pointedly glanced down, and back up with a small smile. "It's right here, between you and Jack."

Elizabeth steps beside him. I smiled and Elizabeth went between them. "As is mine." Elizabeth spoke.

Uncle Swann looked in disbelief. "Elizabeth." She linked her hand in Will's. Norrington tool this in, realizing the deeper truth behind her action.

Uncle shouted worriedly. "Lower your weapons! For goodness sake, put them down!"

Norrington's glanced from Elizabeth to Gillette, nods almost imperceptibly. Gillette gestures for the marines to lower their rifles. They do.

Norrington looked deeply hurt by this. "So this is where your heart truly lies, then?" He asked.

Elizabeth refused to move. "It is." Norrington looked at Will narrowly. Uncle realized what Norrington had already figured out. A tense stand-off.

Jack was worried about the outcome and then he spotted Cotton's Parrot. I smiled at his grin.

"Well, I'm actually feeling rather good about this. I think we've all arrived at a very special place, eh? Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically..." Uncle was repulced by his smell. He turned to Norrington. "I want you to know that I was rooting for you, mate. Know that."

He looked at Elizabeth. "Elizabeth, it would never have worked between us, darling. I'm sorry." Elizabeth looked at him in disbelief. I giggled.

He turned to Will "Will..."He threw up his hands. Honestly, what else is there to say.

Jack looked at Will. "Nice hat." With that Jack springs up the steps to the wall to see me.

"Friends! This is the day you will always remember as the day that you-" I ran to Jack and put my hand over his mouth.

I looked at the gasps and shocked looks of everyone. I smiled at Uncle, Elizabeth, and Will. "I love you, guys..." I waved. "Bye."

I pressed my weight on Jack and we plunged down, turning our fall into a passable dive. We both hit the water.

We swam up to the surface and I laughed, splashing him in the face. He grinned at me and splashed me back. I saw the Pearl and swam to it. I looked behind me and jack was swimming in place. I looked at him amd smiled. "What are you waiting for? Come on!"

He gave me a michevious smile and we swam as the Pearl sailed closer.