Nightmare

Screaming.

Whispering.

Growling.

There I was again, running through the woods with my eyes wide and my heart racing. I can already feel my body losing energy as my vision begins to tunnel. I slap tree branches out of the way and claw through thick shrubs, making my way to the edge of a cliff. Gasping aloud, I stop in my tracks, struggling to catch my balance. I circle my arms backwards and arch my back, standing on my toes with my ears perked. "Oh, shit, that was close..." I fall onto my butt and look to my left and then my right. I can hear the snapping and crunching of trees not far behind, tension building in my chest. I look over the edge of the cliff to reveal the water far below. I have to jump but I know for a fact that hitting the water at a high velocity will surely break my bones. There is no telling how deep the water really is and I am clearly risking my life. I hop onto my feet and squat, taking a big breath as I ready myself to lurch forth and brace myself for what lies below. "I am going to die..." I say to myself with complete and utter displease as I take a step back, digging my right foot onto the grass as I jump forth and over the edge. As I fall to the water down below, the surface begins to bubble and ripple, dark eyes glowing below the water. The creature looked forth before I could hit the water and I wake up with a scream, hitting the floor face first. My legs are tangled within my covers and my earbuds wrapped around my neck. "Ouch..." I groan aloud, pain soon following as blood drips from my nostrils.