2. One Jump Ahead

Lance runs on the roof to the edge carrying a loaf of bread he stole. He almost drops it over but luckily catches it on time.

"Stop, thief! I'll have your hands for a trophy, street rat!" Axca yelled pulling out her sword. The others do the same. Lance looks at the general then the bread.

"All this for a loaf of bread? Can't say I'm not surprised. But stopping, No thanks," Lance said before jumping off the edge, landing on two ropes strung between buildings, with drying clothes on them. He skies down them, collecting bits and pieces of clothing on him as he goes. Finally, he's nearing the end of the rope, at a window, when a woman reaches out and slams the shutters closed before Lance can get in. Lance slams into the shutters and falls onto street, his fall being broken by numerous awnings and the pile of clothes around him. He pulls his arm out to catch the bread on time. He pulls off the top layer of clothes then looks at the bread saying, "Well hello there loaf of goodness." Lance was ready to enjoy the food.

"There he is!" Ezor yells from the rooftop.

"You won't get away so easy!" Zethrid yelled angerly.

"You think that was easy?" Lance says chuckling. Lance looks at the three ladies laughing at him. He winks at them. "Well hello~" He whispers. He was so distracted that he didn't notice the guards were already down from the roof.

"You two, over that way, and you, with me. We'll find him," Axca says as they start there search. Lance quickly pulls a sheet over his head and body as a disguise. He rushes over to the women as a cover. "Morning, ladies," Lance say's sweetly. He knows most of the people of the town so he wasn't all that shy. He loved the attention and being the ladies man even if he never went out with anyone. That still didn't stop him using his charm or smile.

"Getting into trouble a little early today, aren't we Lance?" Nyma asks Lance, smiling fondly at him.

"Trouble? No way. You're only in trouble if you get caught-" Lance was cut off when he was yanked back by the shoulder which causes his disguise to fall off.

"Gotcha!" Axca yelled.

"I'm in trouble!" Lance says.

"...and this time-" Axca was cut off by her turban being pulled over her eyes. Kaltenecker dances on the Axca's head, laughing.

"Perfect timing, Kalt!" Lance said smiling at his little monkey friend.

"Hello!" She said pulling her hat off then back on.

"Come on, let's get outta here!" Lance said as he started running with Kaltenecker. He bumped into another guard. "Gotta keep...one jump ahead of the breadline One swing ahead of the sword I steal only what I can't afford That's everything!" Lance battles Zethrid who was wielding a sword. Lance dodges the first swing to jump on the barrel. 

She swings at Lance again, but destroys a barrel of fish. She swings again but at Kalt. Lance pulls down her pants. He runs off again but stumbles to another guard. "One jump ahead of the lawmen That's all, and that's no joke." Lance dodges the sword by going behind a plank. "These guys don't appreciate I'm broke!" Lance and Kalt climb up the pile of barrels then kick one down on top of another guard.

"Riffraff!"

"Street rat!"

"Scoundrel!"

"Take that!" One yells throwing a fruits at him which Lance dodges easily.

"Just a little snack, guys!" Lance says then hides behind the plank to not get knifed by the dozens of knifes that were thrown at him, which hit the plank he was behind. The Guards shake the platform back and forth trying to knock Lance of the platform. They really wanted him gone.