19. The Third Wish

"A lot of gray area in that wish. But, uh, the most powerful being in the universe, coming right up!" Hunk starts to summon Lotor's final wish knowing fully now what Lance was thinking. Lotor laughs, smiling evilly happy. Lotor lets go of Hunk's lamp as he starts to transform.

"The most powerful in the universe! At last! Second to no one! And I thought I had power before! First, I'll lay waste to those fools in Altea." As Lotor tries to use his magic to destroy Altea, his own shackles appear.

"What have you done to me?"

"I haven't done anything to you, Lotor."

"What have you done to me?!"

"This was your wish, not mine. A genie might have phenomenal cosmic powers..."

"But an itty-bitty living space. You see, a genie without a master, goes back in their lamp," Hunk says smiling big. Lotor's prison lamp appears taking his base.

"I will not forget you, boy! Mark my words. I will not forget what you have done to me!"

"Goodbye, Lotor."

"Parrot! You're coming with me!" Lotor grabs Kova as he gets sucked into his lamp. All of Lotor's magic started to disappear. They all landed safely on the ground.

"Shiro." They all run to Shiro. Lance helps Shiro and Keith tackles Shiro into a hug. The children tackle Lance in a hug as well.

"A couple thousand years in the Cave of Voltron ought to cool you off." Hunk says as he tosses Lotor back to the Cave of Voltron. Kalt goes to Carpet bringing him to Hunk.

"Wait... wait. How can I ever thank you?" Shiro said hugging Keith tight as well.

"Oh, no, no." Keith turns to look at him.

"You don't need to thank me. But I hope you accept my apology. I'm sorry... to the both of you. Especially you. You deserve... so much."

"We all make mistakes." Lance turns to walk to Hunk having the kids follow behind.

"Lance." Lance looks back at Keith. He gives a small smile before continuing to Hunk.

"I hope you find what you're looking for." Lance picks up the lamp seeing Kalt pulling up Carpet up the steps.

"Ooh, that's a bit of a mess there, Kalt. Let me take care of that for you." Hunk uses his magic to fix Carpet. Kalt jumps to Carpet giving it a hug. Carpet hugs back.

"Cute." Hunk turns to see Lance frowning.

"Ah-ah-ah. No. No long faces, all right?" Lance turns to Keith. "I got an idea, all right? It's your last wish." Lance takes a glance at Keith. "Royalty was the right idea, okay? We should just rip on that a little bit. All right, here's what I'm thinkin'. Lance, warrior prince! A noble heart in a land where thieves run feral. Keith! You like it?" Lance gave him are you serious look. "No? Okay, all right. I hear you loud and clear. But this is what you need. The governing laws of Daibazaal by royal decree. Okay, and... here it is! "Must marry a prince." Right. But, you say the words... and this law just kinda like, goes away." Lance glances again at Keith before looking down. He already decided his last wish. "You and the prince are in it together forever."

"You can just make the law disappear?" 

"Psshh. Please. Like it never existed" He looked back up. "All right. Last wish. Let's get it," Hunk says getting ready.

"Okay. Last wish. Genie."

"I'm ready. Hold on. Here we go."

"I wish..." Lance starts rubbing the lamp.

"Third and final wish."

"I wish...to set you free." Hunk ready to turn Lance a prince, paused. He looked at Lance. shocked.

"What?" Hunk starts to shimmer seeing his shackles break off his wrists. Hunk turns into a normal sized man still looking at his wrist. Still not believing what he is seeing.

"Wait. Tell-tell me to do something."

"Uh...give me some jams."

"...Get it yourself?" Hunk said hesitant. Nothing happened. Hunk started to get happy. "Get your own jams!" Hunks starts to get emotional. Lance walks up to him and gives him a hug.

"Thank you."

"No. Thank you, Genie. I owe you everything." Hunk very happy.

"I can't wait to try different dishes and create new ones! Maybe travel!"

"Why not work here?" Matt said. Hunk confused walking up to the siblings. Lance smiled, starting to walk away with the two little children in hand.

"Why not? We need a good chief, and you looked excited about the food."

"I would love to! For a start!"

"Sit with me, brother." Keith goes to his knees. "I'm sorry." Shiro finally said.

"Shiro, why are you...?"

"Please, let me finish. I feared losing you. Like I lost Adam.... Like I lost our parents. All I saw was my little brother. Not the man you have become. You have shown me courage and strength. And maybe a little more stubbornness." Keith smiled a bit.

"You... are the future of Daibazaal. You... shall be the next sultan." Keith stands up.

"Thank you, Shiro."

"As sultan, you may change the law. He is a good man." Keith smiled giving another hug to Shiro. Hunk smiled watching the two. He felt a tap on his shoulder. It was Carpet. He looked back seeing Lance gone.

"Where'd he go?" Lance smiles softly as he walks out the castle gates. Lance felt the little girl tighten her grip.

"What now?"

"We go home and have the best feast there is. How does that sound?"

"Like the best idea ever," the boy giggled. Kalt walks by the boy's side liking their new family. They continue walking down the path. Lance pulls out a piece of Keith's bracelet he stole. Just something for him to remember him.

"Stop, thief. Your sultan commands it." Lance stops. He turns seeing Keith. The kids hide behind him.

"Sultan?" Lance smiles walking to Keith. "Does that mean I'm in trouble?" Keith smiles and circles Lance as well.

"Only because you got caught." Keith pulls Lance into a kiss. Lance only shook for a moment before returning the kiss. They rush back to the castle setting the last-minute wedding. Which was no problem. Keith got to know the children in the meantime. He loved them to bits understanding their situation and would love them as his own in time. It was new after all. But looking at Lance in his suit. Knowing what he been through and what he has done. He would do anything for him to. They kiss one last time at their wedding, greeting everyone from other kingdoms who were welcomed to come. Everyone applauded.

"Such a happy ending," Hunk said smiling, taking a bite of a dish he created for the wedding.

"It is nice. Weddings are sweet to watch." Hunk turned to see a woman in a beautiful green and yellow sari. With big loopy earrings attached. She looked at him smiling. She took another bite of the dish.

"This is so good!" Hunk looked at her bewildered.

"Glad you like it. First time making this."

"Really?! I would have never known!"

"It's fine. Happy people are liking the food. My name is Hunk."

"Shay."