Chapter 11: Smooth

"Whatever," Bowen muttered and slurped some noodles into his mouth.

Sion added more spaghetti to his plate and decided to join them at the table. He sat down next to Skye, bringing a smile to the other's face. "His cooking skills rival yours," Sion commented.

"I think he's a better cook," Skye claimed.

"I wouldn't say that," Jensen denied. "I've tasted your cooking. I believe that we are equals."

"Sion ge, we're both very lucky guys," Bowen announced.

"Huh?" Sion chewed with puffy cheeks.

"We each have two guys who will cook for us," Bowen mumbled.

"You're right." Sion nodded. "Mm...lucky."

Jensen gazed at Sion and thought. Mm...indeed.

"Yes, we are," Bowen agreed. "Jensen ge."

"What do you want to eat tomorrow?" Jensen inquired.

"Hey, why do you assume that I'm going to ask for food? I'm offended."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Sensitive. What is it then?"

"Could we have tripe tomorrow?" Bowen grinned.

Skye couldn't help but chuckled.

"Isn't tripe a food?"

Bowen beamed and clapped his hands together in a begging fashion. "Hotpot sounds delicious? Could we have hotpot?"

"You want to eat hotpot in this hot weather?"

"Sion ge's place has air conditioning."

"You want me to come here and make hotpot?"

"This is the best place for it.  My apartment is small and Skye ge lives with his parents. Only Sion ge's house is the most suitable for a hotpot. Plus, I'm sure Sion ge wants to eat too."

How did he know that I still live with my parents? Skye stared at Bowen curiously.

"Is it all right if we use your kitchen again tomorrow?" Bowen queried.

"Of course, it is okay," Sion responded. "I bought the house because of the nice kitchen. We might as well put it to good use."

"You don't cook much. Why buy a house for its kitchen?" Skye taunted.

"I cook occasionally." A sneaky smile showed up on Sion's face. "Anyway, who says I have to be the one doing the cooking?"

"Smooth!" Bowen declared. "Sion ge, I'm taking notes. I need to work on my smoothness."

"You're already smooth enough with the girls," Jensen stated.

"Girls like to hear certain things, and I just say them out of common courtesy. They are mostly harmless. I don't mean anything by them." Bowen enlightened. Skye ge is the one I truly want to be with.

"In other words, you're a flirt," Jensen concluded.

"I never flirt with you," Bowen scoffed.

"I'm not a girl. Also," Jensen smirked, "I'm out of your league."

"Yes, you are." Bowen pouted sadly and noticed that Skye was giving him a questioning look. "Not that I like Jensen ge or anything. He's not my type. I like my partner to be about my height and not towering over me. I'm not a smol bean. Someone with Skye ge's height will be perfect." Bowen gasped inwardly. "Not that, I like Skye ge. No! That's not it. I do like you. So much so, that I've traveled through time..." Bowen caught himself and halted his words to force a fake laugh. "I mean that I go through great lengths to meet you, especially since you're the one who actually came to meet me. Haha!" Bowen shot up from his seat and changed the subject abruptly. "I want seconds."