Chapter 16: From Television

Skye walked into the workroom and Bowen smiled because he already knew the outcome.

            "Well?" Sion blurted in anticipation.  "Are they willing to invest in our game?"

            Bowen chuckled when Skye frowned.

            "Why are you so happy when he's frowning?" Sion asked Bowen in disapproval.

            Bowen shrugged his shoulders and beamed.

            "I think you have been working way too hard, kid," Sion claimed.  "Well?  Are you going to tell us or not, Skye?"

            "They are going to invest in our game," Skye announced.

            "Awesome!" Sion cheered.  "Let's call Jensen ge to tell him the good news."

            "He gave you his number," Bowen reminded.  "You should call him.  I'm sure he prefers hearing your voice over mine."

            "Skye, you call him," Sion said.

            "I agree with Bowen.  He would rather hear it from you." Skye teased.  "You could ask him to treat you to food."

            "You're right...about the food," Sion agreed and snatched his phone to give Jensen a call.

            "I'm going to the kitchen to get a drink," Bowen informed.  "Does anyone else want one?"

            "I'll go with you." Skye followed him out to the kitchen.

            "Okay." Bowen smiled.

            How did he know about the investors?  Skye glanced over at Bowen with a questioning look.  He saw right through my fake frown.

            "Is something the matter?" Bowen noticed that Skye was staring at him.

            "No," Skye answered with the shake of his head.

            "I know why." Bowen smirked.  "You think that I'm handsome, so you're checking me out."

            "True."

            "What?" Bowen couldn't contain his excitement.  "Really?"

            "No."

            "Oh." Bowen pouted cutely.

            Why is this kid so cute?  Skye laughed.  "I'm only kidding.  You're very handsome, and my eyes like looking at pretty things."

            "But...?"

            "Huh?" Skye's brows lifted up in wonderment.

            "I'm assuming that there will be a 'but' that follows." Bowen figured.  "I know what you're thinking."

            "You do?"

            "You're thinking that I'm too young for you."

            "You are indeed very young."

            "I knew it!" Bowen sighed.  "I might be 19 right now, but my mind is that of a 22-year-old.  I'm more mature than I look.  Wait for me for 2 years.  I promise to become someone worthy of your heart."

            Seeing Bowen's determination, Skye felt his heart warming and a smile appeared on his face.

            When Skye didn't supply an answer, Bowen proceeded.  "Do you believe me?"