Chapter 8 💚

It was a Sunday. We dared not miss Sunday service with mom still alive. Dad was still not back.

I woke up around 6 to get prepared. Looking at the other side of the bed was Moyin faraway in a dreamland with her mouth slightly open... Pig!

I threw a pillow at her before I left to bathe and when I was done, I noticed she had still not woken up... I couldn't wait to stop sharing my bed with her!

I hit her leg this time.
She muttered some unreasonable words as she went back to sleep.
Grumbling, I head downstairs in my bra and a short.
Mom was up as expected, with the help of Mercy our help, she made tea for each of us.

"Good morning mommy " I greeted as I reached to get my green mug on table.

" good morning love, did you sleep well? "she asked.

" hmm" I managed to say as I struggled to gulp my hot tea, mom eyed me thoroughly before ordering coldly "go and put on some clothes".

I nodded but made no attempt to move as I still rushed down my tea.

"Now" mom roared.

Moyin was in the bathroom already singing more like shouting Davido's "IF".
I could hear the boys talking in the other rooms.

I wore my purple ankara gown and stylishly tied a matching scarf on my head.

*****************

"... Be with us now and forever more, amen"
We had just shared the grace.. Finally.
No matter how hard I try not to sleep in church, I still always find a way to doze off. I shouldn't be blamed, blame the evil spirit breeze!

I wanted to go home immediately, I really despised hanging around after church service. For some reasons best known to me, it was just uncomfortably disturbing.
Moyin was already in the car with Tife, he was sleeping at the back while Moyin was chatting with a large smile stuck on her face, I didn't know she liked to chat this much.

I walked over to meet her.
"What's wrong with you? Why are you smiling?" I asked, she looked up with that annoying grin

"oh, it's my boyfriend, he's just soo funny" she answer.
I entered the car with disgust written on my face. She was just so annoying.

Dotun, Ben and Williams were probably talking with friends. Well, I had no church friend. Even Mercy had few church friends.

Mom would probably be having all those unending three hundred and sixty five days women meeting...who can relate?

10 minutes later, they all came to the car and Williams drove us home.
After changing to something simple and eating rice and stew that we always seem to eat every Sunday. Ben came to the room to gist. Moyin was still chatting and grinning like an idiot on her own part of the bed.

" fine girl, oya come and tell me about my in-law Fisayo" Ben teased.
I blushed a little as I heard his name and my brother noticed it because he laughed.
Remembering how the day at the beach went, I blushed harder.

"Did you guys kiss?" he asked.

Yeah, we did kiss.

We almost kissed while playing in the water side but then we are Nigerians, you can't be kissing in an open area without getting attention especially when you're still very young.

We kissed in the car. It had started raining a bit, so we ran to the car amidst laughing and jumping. We entered the car still laughing with Fisayo holding my hand, we then fell silent and when I looked up, I found him staring at me. 'Joromi' by Simi softly played from the car's stereo.

"I really love you and want you to be my girl" he had said. I smiled deeply, I knew I didn't like him the way he claimed to like me but I wanted to give it a try, I mean Jude was there enjoying his life. Why shouldn't I?

I looked down at my wet fingers that were mixed with his and when I looked up "dreamer" by Axwell had started playing.
I looked up just to see his body bent towards mine, I shifted my head back unexpectedly...

'I can promise you, Yes, I am a dreamer too... '

He held my chin as he brought me forward. His lips closely met mine. I felt it wasn't right but I wanted to try. I wanted to dream it... I can be a dreamer too... Axwell said it!

I parted my lips to let him in, he tasted like mint.

We kissed like our life depended on it, I didn't feel the pleasurable fierce hotness like the way I usually feel with Jude... Goat, stop mentioning Jude.

Pulling him close, I pushed my body to his, allowing his cold fingers wander all over my body, he put his hand under my sweater and....

"Benny, I asked you a question na" complained Ben as he jerked me out of my thought... Y'all were lost in my thought too, right? Lol

"oh Yeah, we kissed" I answered, he squinted his eyes like I was lying to him and my lies were too hot for his eyes.

" Does he kiss better than Jude" Ben teased again, I smacked his leg laughing and thought about his question, even though Jude kissed better than Fisayo, my growing hatred for him wouldn't make me accept the truth.

I shook my head hard " Fisayo kisses better than that demon".
Moyin that was busy with her phone turned to look at me with an unsure expression, then she continued with her phone.

With mischief in his eyes, Ben asked again "did you guys just kiss? better be the good girl you've always been"

" that's how she'll be lying for you oh, they did more than kissing.. Is it not Kehinde that I know " Moyin spat.

" can you not call me Kehinde " I frowned at her.

I felt like strangling my cousin, she knew absolutely nohing about me.

" But you are Kehinde " she laughed.

" Moyin shut up and press your phone in peace " I warned.

" Talking about phone, tell us Moyin, who are you always chatting with, I didn't know you as a person who likes chatting " Ben asked trying to avoid a clash between us"

Moyin smiled "well, I have a new boyfriend" she said for the umpteenth time.

I rolled my eyes "what sef? Are you the only one who has a boyfriend".
She hissed and continued with her phone leaving Ben and I to talk.

I talked with my twin for quite a while then she spoke again "do you guys remember that Janet's birthday party is tomorrow"

That was true, it totally escaped my mind, I have to call my girls and remind them about it. Janet was once a student in our school before she left for another school.

Her dad was also once a minister just like Aisha's dad.
Her 18th birthday party was the next day at her house.

Ben also attended the same school with me so he knew Janet.
"Guy, would you go for it?" I ask him.

He shrugged " I think my guys are going, so I'll just tag along" he said.

I smiled. I knew Ben didn't like her that well because of her snobbish head.

"Okay, So Moyin what's up? Tell us about this boyfriend you're always singing of, what's his name? " Ben started.

I wondered how somebody would ever like a girl as annoying as Moyin" Yeah, tell us what's his name? "

Moyin wanted to say something when her phone rang
" Hello... " she started as she walked away.