Chapter 42 💅

The concert Debra wanted us to go to was around the corner.
It was an all night thing and my mom would definitely not allow me go there.

I overheard my brother talking on the phone telling whoever that was listening to him that he'd be going for the concert.
My brother might not like the idea of me going for it and I had no intention of letting him know.
We'd be going back to school the following week so we had to make good use of the few days remaining.

Aisha told me her mom wouldn't let her go anywhere, Debra was the only free one, she promised she'd come up with an idea to help us all go and as expected she did.
With everything Debra asked us to do, I ended up telling my mom I'll be going to Debra's church for a vigil and my mom seemed to like the idea of going to a church so I was permitted.
Aisha was also able to convince her mom to let her go to Debra's church just for a night and she was also successful.

I left the house in a long chiffon church gown. My bible was placed in my handbag and after my mom had a little talk with me telling me to be careful since it was going to be an all night thing, I was ready to leave.

It was 8pm, Aisha was already outside in her car waiting to pick me.
Immediately the gateman locked the gate, a small bag which was thrown over the fence came landing down, I picked it up to check if my clothes were intact, I did and when I felt satisfied, I smiled at Jubril's craftiness (the gateman).
It wasn't so hard asking him to keep my clothes in his quarters and then to throw it over for me after I had gone out.
I couldn't take risks, my mom might go through my bag just to be sure I was going to a 'real' church.

Aisha smiled at me immediately I got in.
"bad girl " she muttered.
She was also on a long gown and had a scarf covering her hair.

" How was it? " I asked as she drove along to Debra's house.

" It was somehow hard oh, you know how my mom feels about me going to a church " she answered.
Her mom was always against the idea of Aisha coming for one of our church programs because Debra, Olivia and I had never one day gone to her Mosque for any program whats over, though I doubted if it was actually possible we get invited.

" where are your clothes? " I asked as I scanned the car and didn't see anything.

" my mom didn't search me sha, my clothes are in the boot ".

We talked about how we were going to find many cute guys at the concert and before we knew it, we were at Debra's house.
She was at the gate waiting for us, after the car was parked, we watched as Debra walked across the street to a shop and brought out a small bag. Aisha and I couldn't help laughing at all our little scheme to go for a show.

"come down jhor " Debra growled.
We did as she said and before we knew it, she opened the boot of the car and dumped her bag there, I threw mine to her and she kept it there too.

" Alright, let's go.. Enough of this drama " Aisha hissed.

" no, my mom said she needs to see us before we go " Debra explained.
She looked silly in her long black skirt and an hideous top to go with it.
A beret was roughly placed on her short hair.

We grumbled as the gateman opened the gate for us to go in, I didn't want to face Debra's mom, as sweet as she was, she could be so curious in an annoying way.
Halfway to the living room, Debra asked for Aisha's car keys and after Aisha reluctantly gave her, she ran downstairs and within some minutes she was up again.

"good evening ma " Aisha and I greeted.
Debra's mom was watching Tv when we walked in.

" ohh! My daughters! How are you girls doing tonight? " she asked with a wide smile. Hannah, Debra's elder sister was seated beside her.