Chapter 46 💙

Esther as Anu, she perfectly fits with her soft smile and coughs-churchy-sneezes-look. I know she's reading this rn, lol. 💙😛

¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

BENNY'S POV

I was done with classes for the day, I decided to stop over and pick Anu, I knew when her last class ended and besides, I was heading her way already.

"Hello, good afternoon " she greeted as she got into the car." thanks for picking me " she added. I raised my brows as a way of responding to her.
I nod my head to Billie Eilish's bad guy playing from my stereo.

" How was classes today? " she asked.

Was this her way of starting a conversation with me? I tried to think of the time Aisha and Debra asked how my day went. It never happened and look they are still my best friends.

" quit being formal " I begged.

" pardon? "

" don't you think it's stressful sounding so formal all the time " I asked. She looked confused.

" we are roomies more like friends already, you should loosen up around us" I advised even though I didn't consider them as my friends yet.

"where exactly did I sound formal? " she asked.

" Hello, good afternoon " I mimicked.

" thanks for picking me up. How was classes today ?" I repeated her exact words. She laughed on realisation.

"So you want me to change? " she asked.

" not like you should change, I just mean you should loosen up, the girls and I don't bite... Okay maybe they bite sometimes, Debra especially but you can work it through " I explained.

Again she laughed, I never knew she laughed easily just like Timi.

" I agree with you, especially the part where Deborah bites " she smiled.

" you see, just call her Debra, don't stress it " I pointed out, again she smiled.

" can you drive? "I asked

" not really "

" I can teach you someday that's if you would change from your formal ways sha " I was surprised I said so.

" aww, thank you, that would be nice but I will change on one condition "

" So church girls make deals too? " I teased

She laughed "have you accepted God as your Lord and personal Saviour"

The question threw me off guard as I almost hit a tree. "blood of Jesus" she muttered.

"why the sudden change of subject? "I queried.

" i just want to know "

" well, I give my life to Christ every Sunday , so what's up? I'm not entirely a bad girl " I felt guilty already.

" I'm sorry if you think I'm judging but I want to make sure you're treading on the right path " she explained.
This was the most awkward conversation ever and I felt like kicking her out of my car and running the wheels over her head and that made me realise the way I think of killing people these days is just so alarming.

But I still want to smash her brain out anyways.

"Thank you, I'm treading on the right path. I'm so sure you'll ask me to stop wearing trousers and the revealing clothes I usually put on, won't you? "I fired.
She smiled softly.