Chapter 4 - Who

"Do you want me to sleep with you?"

He starts to blush and I start to as well, he looks away and nods a bit. I think nothing of it and lay down next to him, putting my blanket on us. I wrap my arms around his waist and he snuggles into my chest.

I soon start to relax and drift off to sleep.

'I can get used to this.'

Lance POV

I wake up to the sound of soft and sweet tweets, I can feel a calming warmth so I open my eyes to see Keith's chest. I start to blush a bit, I try to catch my breath. I snuggle closer to him and his arms tighten around my waist. 

"Morning Lance." 

I look up to see a smiling yet sleepy-eyed Keith, I give him a small smile, "Morning" He sits up, I frown a bit missing his warm but smack my face to let those thoughts escape me. Keith walks over to our bag, while I dust the blankets down and fold them up.

Once the blankets are folded, I turn around to see Keith eating a weird shaped fruit. It's teal and has faint white dots, he looks at me and hands me the white fruit I ate yesterday. I quickly stuff the blankets in our bags and make my way over to him. 

As I eat the delicious white fruit Keith and I talk about the plan for today. "Let's stay close to the river, so if we get hungry we can get something to eat and know where we are." Keith nods, once we finish our fuit we get our bags and head upstream. 

I stare in aw at the forest and the pretty blue sky, the sky is a bit different from earth though. There are 2 shades of blue, sky and regular. They blend like watercolors on canvas, making me love it even more. The sun was faint and had a little small speck next to it like there were 2 instead of 1.

I look through the forest and hear a rustle, Keith stands in front of me with a dagger out. He's ready to attack what comes out, a deer-like beast jumps in front of us. It was white with long horns that faced the sky like a spirit, it had light purple eyes and a little patch of black fur on its tail. 

I walk towards it, holding out my hand he follows my movements and moves a bit closer. It sniffs my hand and licks my fingers a bit. I notice it's tail wagging, "Hello there." I start to rub its neck, it accepts my act of affection. It notices my bag and starts to sniff it, I get some small berries and hold them in my hand. I ley them on the ground. It starts to sniff and eat some, then it runs back inside the forest.

Seconds later a medium-sized deer and a small come following it. They start to eat the berries, I give them a little bit more and smile at the peace in the air.

Keith POV

I can't help but blush as Lance smiles at the deer eating, it makes me so happy to see him smile like this. Soon the deer stop eating and make there way back to the forest. Lance waves at them and the big deer nods, almost like it understood him. They leave, then Lance runs over to me and we continue our journey.

Mini Timeskip

As we walked we were met with a waterfall and a beautiful view of the continuing river and the fields and forest following it. We start to make our way back, collect large pieces of wood and fruit along the way. 

We collected anything that seemed to be useful, once we got back to our campsite I went to work and start to cut some small but thick trees. Some are already fallen trees. Lance took care of the food and the fish catching, "Keith, I going to head to the forest to get some stuff, I'll be back soon."

"Ok, stay safe."

As time went on I got a lot of wood, a warn out weapon but it's all worth it. I look around starting to get worried, 'I wonder where Lance is.'

"I'm back~"

I turn around and jump when I see Lance riding a large cat-like animal. It had Silvereyes and dark purple almost black fur. Lance was carrying some more supplies and fruit. "Lance, whatcha got there."

He smiles at me, "Some supplies~"

He gets off of the cat and hands me the supplies, I don't take my eyes off of the large cat. "Here you go! I found some tough vines, I thought they would be useful." He notices my staring and turns around, "Oh, that's Genta! I named her myself~ I was looking for some supplies, I slip and fell down and blacked out. When I woke up she was there to greet me, at first I thought she was going to eat me but she had my basket in her mouth. I thanked her and she led me up the hill so I could get what fell out. We walked around together and she helped me find the vine, I started to get tired and she seemed to notice because she let me ride on her back. Then we made our way back there."

I stared at him in shock, "So she's not going to eat us?"

He shakes his head, "Nope, she eats fish. I actually noticed a lot of the animals in this forest either eats fish or fruit. So I don't think we have to worry unless we threaten them, but they seem nice." 

His eyes start to sparkle and I can't help but chuckle. I look at Genta to see her taking a nap near a shady tree, I smile.

"Welp, what to help with the house?"

Lance nodes eagerly and we get back to work.

NO POV

It took the two 7 days to finish their treehouse, once it was secure and safe they started to find more supples and make a home there. Genta seemed nice and help guide the two whenever they needed through the forest. Keith thought it was fascinating that the animals had such human-like minds, and he wouldn't be surprised if they started to talk to them.

On a sunny day, Lance and Genta were getting fish while Keith was sharpening and strengthening their weapons. The bushes around them started to rustle, the 3 were on high alert. Genta growled, the 3 met at the center watching each others back. 

Then a pack of human looking creatures surrounded us, their skin was dark. Sone tines hand a purple, blue, green or brown hue to them, somewhere female and others were male. Hair curly and short while others long and crinkly but all black-haired. 

One of the girls stepped out of the crowns, she had white tattoo marking on her. 'She must be a leader.'

"Who."