A White Fruit (Being Edited)

SURGEON OF DEATHTrafalgar Law90,000,000 £

I flip to the next page of the newspaper, skimming over the article. Someone stole a government project or something along those lines, apparently.

"Hey! Woman!" I look up from the newspaper to see a red-faced man with a kind of fat build staring down at me.

"Hello, good sir. How may I help you today?" I say, putting on my best charming and fake smile.

His eye twitches and he shoves me off the bench roughly. "This place is going under construction soon. No civilians allowed nearby."

I get up from the ground and brush myself off before flipping the bird at him and walking away. I need to clear my head right now.

This island isn't too bad of a place for somewhere so close to the Grand Line.

The attitude of some of these people could use a little work, though.

I walk around the town, occasionally glancing around to make sure that I wasn't being followed. Old habits just don't die down.

"So all I have to do is trash some guy's party, huh?" I say to myself. "Make sure they don't eat the Devil Fruit in the chest."

I keep skirting around the town, finally making it back to the starting point of my circle and stare at the grating skies.

I'm not kidding, the sky really is turning gray.

A thin, nearly translucent plume of smoke drifts up from the forest. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Where there's fire, there are people, especially in a place like this where everything is still moist with morning dew.

I stare at the rising smoke absentmindedly as I consider what to do.

Well, the job is a simple theft. I just have to steal some sort of chest from a group of pirates. I snort. Wonderful, I don't even know what the chest looks like. I shrug the thought off. I can just look for the Devil Fruit by taking a peek around. And who knows, these guys might be weak, and I could turn in their bounties. I should be fine as long as the bounties don't exceed ten million.

Feeling better about what I was going to do, I take off in a light jog towards the possible encampment that sits in the forest.

(In editing process from here)

You know, some people say that the thrill of the chase is exhilarating. They say it leaves you breathless, and thirsting for more.

But right now, I really have to disagree. Of course, part of the reason might be the fact that I'm running for my life because I ate some stupid white fruit. After I ate it, some assholes got pissed, took out some very sharp and lethal looking swords, and decided to kill me.

Glad to see everyone's so welcoming.

"Where's that thief?!" Someone shouted.

"I see her! She's right there!" Another responds.

"Get her!"

"Don't kill her, she ate our merchandise!"

"It's just a girl, can't you lousy shits even catch someone weaker than you?"

After an hour of running, sharp turns, and doubling back in circles, I finally lost them. And obviously, an hour of running does make you exhausted, so I plopped down on a comfortable patch of grass by the edge of the beach, just at the beginning of a forest, and fell asleep. My eyes closed, and I slept 'till evening.