Don't Know What to Call This

Previously...

I wake up with a start, and immediately, I bring a shaking hand to my face, catching the tears that have started to fall.

And now I remember. It's only a little bit, but it's a start.

The name of that little girl was Kija.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
"Why am I the one that gets left on the ship?"

An irk mark started to form on Law's forehead as he listened to his only female crewmate. "Because," he replied through gritted teeth, "we need someone to protect the ship while the rest of us get supplies. You are staying with Yuusha and Miss Koyuki. Final."

Grumbling, Kija disappears below deck, slamming the door closed on her way down. Koyuki smiles and waves at them, to which Shachi and Penguin happily respond to with a blush and a wave in return.

Turning around, Law starts to follow his crew as they jump off the ship and into the shore, but before he can, Koyuki stops him, leaning forward to grasp his arm. He jerks it away, but turns around nevertheless, staring at her. "I suppose this is about the question you want to ask." It wasn't a question, really. More like a statement.

"Before I answer your question, I want a question of my own answered," he continues. "It was technically a draw a week and a day ago."

Koyuki stares back, nodding at him.

"Where do we go to get Ar- Kija's memories back?"

The ice woman stiffens, drawing back, but this time, it's Law that catches her arm, staring her down. "I know that you know. Tell me."

"My question first, Surgeon," she answers coldly. "What are you planning to do with her?"

Slyly, Law inclines his head, feigning ignorance. "Whatever do you mean, Miss Koyuki? I'm not planning to do anything."

"Don't play innocent with me, you bastard. This is about that Royal Shichibukai, isn't it? You still haven't forgiven him for Corazon, have you?"

Law narrows his eyes. "And how would you know about that?"

"I have my sources."

The pirate captain scoffs, crossing his arms. "Like I said, I'm not planning anything. For now, at least."

She leans in, speaking softly but menacingly in a firm tone. "I won't let you hurt my best friend."

"I'm terribly sorry, but you must have missed the part of our conversation where we discussed that Kija doesn't even remember you, Miss Koyuki."

Koyuki winces, hurt flashing through her eyes before she straightens, turning her back, and answers in a voice that could freeze over hell itself,"Imotori Island. I wish you luck on your mission for revenge."

Wings made of ice sprout from her back and she flies away, leaving Law alone to catch up with his crew.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Kija's P.O.V.

As I slam the door shut, everything falls into silence.

It's quiet, almost too quiet if you ask me, but then again, practically no one is left on the ship except for Yuusha, who needs to do some repairs.

I walk down the hallway, turning right, then left, to get to my room. Once inside, I flop down on the bed, resting a hand on my stomach and another above my head as I stare at the ceiling the same way I do every night I wake up to the same nightmare.

So I started to think of the nightmare-that-could-be-a-memory.

I lay there for a long time until someone knocked on the door before opening it. I rolled over to check who it was, and when I saw that it was Yuusha, I slowly sat up and stretched.