Chapter 9 : Finding Yourself

After flying for some time, Y/n had finally arrived at Beacon Academy. He was starting to miss being at Beacon. His new friends, the new teachers and most importantly, his team. Ruby, Weiss, Blake....and Yang.

   Whenever Y/n will think of her, Y/n's face just heats up and his heart starts beating fast. Y/n didn't want to admit it but he knew that he had to face it. He had feelings for Yang. He also felt something a little similar with the other three but with Yang, it was the strongest.

   Speaking of Weiss, Y/n was thinking of what her sister had told him. He knew that if he want to control his power, he must accept himself, his power within and 'Oblivion' but he still couldn't bring himself to do it. Maybe one day he might but for now, it won't be happening soon.

   As soon as the Bullhead landed, he quickly got off and he started stretching due to the long ride. After he was done, he began to once again take in the beautiful sight of Beacon Academy at dusk.

Y/n: 'No matter how many times I see it, Beacon truly is breathtaking.'

   He started walking towards the Academy and started reminiscing about how he met ironically met his team members here at the courtyard. All because of a little mishap. He soon found himself chuckling because of the irony.

Y/n: 'I wonder if Yang and the others are okay...Hope they haven't gotten themselves into trouble. I've been gone for 3 days now so I need to catch up. Don't want Weiss to grill me. Actually, Weiss would probably freeze me solid instead.'

   As soon as he reached the front gate, he heard someone called his name and he was immediately tackled to the ground.

???: "Y/n!!!"

   As he fell, he caught a glimpse of yellow in his eyes. Soon, he immediately got up and saw that the culprit was none other than his fiery teammate, Yang Xiao Long, who was squeezing him tight.

Yang: "I'm so glad you're back! I was starting to get worried! We tried to call you but you didn't pick up so I feared the worse!"

Y/n: "What the!? Yang!? What are you doing here!?"

   Before he could get his answer, he soon heard footsteps and saw the rest of Team RWBY along with Team JNPR running towards him. They smiled when they saw him but it quickly changed into worried expressions when they saw his bandages. Yang saw this too and she immediately became concern.

Yang: "*worried* You're hurt! Is it because of your training and mission!?"

Ruby: "*worried* D-does it hurt anywhere? D-did you see any awesome weapons?"

Weiss: "You dolt! As a member of Team RWBYY, you should have been careful! The last thing we need is you coming home in a bag!"

Blake: "Weiss, calm down. He was on a mission. We should have predicted that he would get hurt. *looks at Y/n* But anyway, I'm glad you came back."

Jaune: "Dude! You came back! You've got to tell us what happened!"

Nora: "YOU FINALLY CAME BACK!! DID YOU BREAK SOME LEGS!?!?"

Ren: "*deadpan* Nora, please. You're scaring him. *looks at Y/n* But, I'm glad to see that you're alright."

Pyrrha: "Indeed. Not that many people have completed a dangerous mission alone and came back in one piece. You should be proud."

   Y/n was confused for a second until he found out that they were talking about his mission. He immediately became wide-eyed and was shocked to know that they found out.

Y/n: "H-how... How did you guys know?"

???: "Because I told them, Mr Gilbert."

   He turned his head and saw Professor Ozpin walking towards him.