Bounty Chase

2 Years Later...

3rd Person POV with Rocket, Groot, and Joules

On Xander, Capital of the Nova Empire, Rocket is watching Xandarians that are passing by as Joules is surveying the area with the new scanner goggles that Rocket helped her make. In addition to the goggles, she also had upgraded her boots with hover and magnetic abilities.

"Xandarians. What a bunch of losers. All of them in a big hurry to get from something stupid to nothing at all. Pathetic." Rocket observed, disgusted, as he looks around with a tablet scanner.

"Look at this guy! Can you believe they call us criminals when he's assaulting us with that haircut?" He comments on a man with short blond hair that's swept to one side.

"What is this thing? Look how it thinks it's so cool. It's not cool to get help! Walk by yourself, you little gargoyle!" Rocket refers to a small child being guided down a small flight of stairs by their parent.

Looking over to an elderly man talking to a young woman with bright red hair, "Look at Mr. Smiles over here. Where's your wife, old man? What a class-A prevert." Rocket starts to laugh, before saying,

"Right, JJ? Groot? Groot?" Rocket and Joules, after pulling her goggles up, look over to see Groot drinking water from a nearby fountain.

"Don't drink fountain water, you idiot. That's disgusting!" Rocket scolds Groot, but he shakes his head 'No' pretending he didn't do it.

"Yes, you did. I just saw you doing it. Why are you lying?"

"That's disgusting." Joules bluntly told him before Rocket's scanner and her goggles start beeping, alerting them of a wanted fugitive sighting.

"Whoop. Looks like we got one." Rocket looks around with his scanner as JJ looks through her goggles at a Terran who was chatting with a pink-skinned Xandarian.

"Okay, humie, how bad does someone wanna find you?"

Joules is able to use her goggles to identify him as Peter Quill, wanted by the leader of a Ravager clan, Yondu, who was also the one to put a huge bounty on him. Rocket, then, announces excitedly,

"Forty thousand units? JJ, Groot, we're gonna be rich." Before he and Joules look over to Groot and see him drinking from the fountain again. Rocket shakes his head as Joules slaps a hand to her forehead.

"OK, here's the plan: we'll wait until he's out in the open, JJ, you paralyze him, and when Groot drops the bag on him, we run outta here to go collect his bounty. JJ, you go hide over there until we need you." Rocket explains to his teammates and they nod in agreement and JJ touches a nearby electric city light to siphon off some of its energy to use as she makes it over to her position.

"I Am Groot." (He's in there now.) Groot points to 'Peter Quill' entering the Broker's shop and the doors close behind him.

"Then we wait until he gets out." Joules mencingly whispers into her comlink as she pulls her goggles down to see the two heat signatures of the Broker and Peter in the building.

Time Skip To Gamora Attacking Peter

"This wasn't the plan." Gamora says just as she's about to bring her weapon down on Peter's head when she's quickly pushed aside by Rocket.

"Put him in the bag. Put him in the bag!" Rocket refers to Peter, but Groot extends his roots out and grabs Gamora instead,

"No! Not her, him! Learn genders, man." While struggling to stay on top of her head, Gamora yell before she bites his paws, "Biting? That's not fair!"

Meanwhile, JJ was sending shockwaves through the metal in the ground to try and shock Peter as he fled with a metal orb in his hand, but he dodges the wave and it hits a street light, making the light post spark up before it slightly melts out of place.