Prepping for Battle

JJ's POV

After traveling through seven hundred jump points, all while Gora and I sat there watching everyone else change like some kind of messed up "funhouse" mirror Quill used to go on about until we arrived right outside of Ego's planet. Jerking to a stop, Rocket, Kraglin, and Yondu fell out of their seats and Groot was sent hurtling toward the wall before Gora caught him with her spines and he threw up glowing green barf right onto her head.

"Ewwwww..." I wrinkled my nose after Gora put Groot down and he started to try and climb back on her as she started to shake and clean herself off.

"What the hell are you doing, boy?!" Yondu yelled to Rocket,

"I could tell by how you talked about him this Ego is bad news. We're here to save Quill."

"For what? For 'honor'? For 'love'?"

"Pfft as if." I snorted as I picked Groot off of Gora so she could finish cleaning herself off from the glowing vomit and placed him on the console closest to Yondu.

"No! I don't care about those things! I want to save Quill so I can prove I'm better than him! I can lord this over him forever!"

Yondu started chuckling as he got back up again, making me say as I raised my eyebrow,

"It's official: he's lost it."

"I ain't the one who's lost." He pointed between me and Rocket before saying, "You two's are the ones who're lost."

"What?!" Rocket and I spoke at the same time.

"You can fool yourselves and everyone else but you can't fool me. I know who you both are."

"You don't know anything about us, loser." Rocket shot back

"I know everything about you. I know you play like the meanest and the hardest 'cause you're actually the most sacred of all."

"Shut up." Rocket growled.

"I know you steal batteries you don't need and you push away anyone who's willing to put up with you, 'cause just a little bit of love, even from your own kid, reminds you how big and empty that hole inside you actually is! And you follow his lead because you're scared that if you stray too far away you'll end up losing another family and you don't want to give up on this one like you did your last one."

"Cut it out!" I yelled.

"I said, shut up." Rocket snapped.

"I know the scientists what made you never gave a rat's a** about either o' you-"

"I'm serious, dude!" Rocket's stance began to falter as Yondu continued to shout,

"Just like my own damn parents, who sold me, their own little baby, into slavery! I know who you both are, because you're me."

Yondu stopped right in front of Rocket and the two of them looked at each other intensely before Rocket asked,

"What kind of trio are we?"

"The kind that's about to go fight a planet I reckon." Yondu answered as he stood back up and went to the front console.

"All right, okay, that's- Wait. Fight a what?" Rocket questioned and I was about to ask something before I felt a stinging in my head and my eyes blazed with heat and my conscious blacked out as it felt like something else was starting to control me.

3rd Person POV

"Kid?" Rocket cautiously drew out as JJ stood with her back to them, but sparks were starting to crackle around her hands.