Ch 3 Y/N and Ruby's Day

Asher POV

While Ruby and Scanner were gone it was quite clear to me something was going on.

Yang: So Asher, are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Asher: That we get those two together?

Yang: Yes. This is Ruby's first crush and I want to see it happen.

Asher: I knew Y/N since I was a kid and this is the first time I have seen him like this. What do you propose we do to get it to happen?

Yang: It'll happen on its own but we just have to make situations happen where they're by themselves.

Asher: Yes, and we will be there the whole time watching it happen!

Weiss: So that's why you two are like that with Ruby and Y/N, how childish.

Asher: You don't have to be there making this happen.

Weiss: Of course I want to be there. There needs to be a certain elegance to your schemes.

Asher: I knew you would come around. Blake are you in on this as well?

Blake: Sure, why not. I mean I always wanted to see if it will play out like my books.

Yang: Then it's settled. She says manically.

Y/N POV

We were walking to Beacon's gun range but walking silently due to what happened at the room. I decided to break the silence.

Y/N: Uh Ruby, do you want to talk?

Ruby: No, I mean yes, I mean no. You know what I mean. She says touching her fingers together.

Y/N: Well you seem to enjoy weapons a lot so do you want to talk about them?

Ruby: (her behavior changes instantly) Yes!

Y/N: (chuckles) Well I'll tell you more in-depth of my weapons if you want.

Ruby: Yes please.

Y/N: Voice of Reason is a M7 SMG. It's a gas-operated, rotating breech firearm that holds a sixty round magazine firing at a rate of 900 rounds/minute. The SMG has a polymer pistol grip, folding fore-grip, iron sights, and collapsible buttstock, as well as a titanium body. It uses caseless 5×23mm ammunition.

Ruby: Woah!!!

Y/N: Due Diligence is a BR55 Service Rifle. Having a magazine size of 36 rounds I'm able to fire twelve times in burst or switch the firing mode to semi-fire. Short-Stroke Gas-Operated Rotating-Bolt firearm that allows me to fire from medium to long range with high accuracy. It holds 9.5x40mm M634 Experimental High-Powered Semi-Armor-Piercing.

Ruby: Must use. She says holding out her hands.

Y/N: You will get to do so at the gun range.

Ruby: Hey Y/N I gotta ask what are you and Asher exactly?

Y/N: I'll tell you what I can but basically we're super-soldiers otherwise referred as Spartans. We're not from here exactly with my home being destroyed by alien races called the Covenant. A group of people from ONI came up to me one day and asked if I wanted revenge. Being a child at the time I agreed and next thing you know I was with a lot of children similar to me. Asher and I paired up and we were put under extensive life-threatening training. It was rough with not all of us succeeding but those who did were put under augmentations strengthening us. Not all of us made it and afterwards we were sent to through suicidal missions that were high-risk but high reward. The casualties were high with each of us considered expendable. Now Asher and I survived the whole ordeal and when a new program was done we were put in.