Ch 19 A Long Awaited Meet

It has been a day since the mission. They were doing things just wanting to have a rest from yesterday's adventure. Ruby suddenly had the realization from yesterday

Ruby: Y/N.

Y/N: (stops writing) Yes?

Ruby: Remember what you said yesterday? You know about picking what I can do today.

Y/N: Okay. What is it then?

Ruby: I want go back to the Vale's Fair again and then later we have to do something but I won't tell yet.

Y/N: Ruby, is this coming from somewhere? We can go but it is suddenly.

Ruby glances at the dog plushy that was won that day and remembered. She remembered how she could not win that competition.

Ruby: Uh no.

Y/N: Rubes.

Ruby: Fine. I just wanted to beat that game I lost at last time.

Y/N chuckled for a moment remembering at what happened that day. Though it was much to the annoyance of Ruby.

Ruby: It isn't funny. She says pouting.

Y/N: It is a little. I have to ask is it because  you learned how to use throwing knives?

Ruby: Maybe.

Y/N: Okay lets go right now and Asher.

Asher: Yeah?

Y/N: Don't knock out the operator again.

Asher: I had too. It was all part of the plan. You should be thanking me.

Y/N: Fine. Thanks Asher.

Asher: I finally get the thanks I deserved.  Now we just have to wake both Weiss and Blake up.

Ruby: Yang. Do the honors.

Ruby gave Yang her whistle and after that whole rude awakening they got ready. The teams arrived at the fair awhile later.

Y/N: Alright. What do you all feel like doing?

Weiss: Blake and I decided that we wanted to try out the food. That and we really don't like to go on any rides.

Y/N: Okay.

Yang: Asher and I want to freak people out at the hall of mirrors.

Asher: Those children had it good for far too long.

The team members left on their separate ways wanting to do certain activities.

Y/N: Guess that leaves you and me Ruby.

Y/N looked at Ruby who was staring at that game she lost at rather intently as if she had some sort of vendetta against it.

Y/N: (grabs Ruby's hand) Alright lets go.

Ruby: Yay. This time I will win!

Getting there Y/N paid the operator of the booth.

Booth operator: Alright you have to pop all five balloons. You have one shot to hit them. (tried to give darts to Y/N)

Y/N: My girlfriend wants to try this on her own so give them to her.

Booth operator: Okay. (gives darts)

Ruby grabbed the darts. She just stares off at the darts as if she was unsure if she could do    it at all despite her training.

Y/N: You can do it Ruby. If you can almost nail me in the head with your throwing knife you can definitely do this.