Chapter Eleven

After about half an hour we arrive at the beach. It is beautiful. Iv'e been to beach's before but never ones like this one. The sand is so golden and soft. There rocks in some places but not all and I can just imagine the amount of cute little rock pools there are. 

We all get out of the car in the parking lot and run down the little sandy path down to the water. Everyone was already changed in their swimming stuff and so we ran straight into the water. The car ride here was hot even with the windows down so the cool water felt amazing. Zeke and Mia mostly hang out together and Alessandro and Alivia mostly hang out with each other so that leaves me and Justin to hang out. 

I have so many questions about Justin, but I don't want to ask because they seem way to personal for me to ask. What I do know is this, he is 11, has two five year old brothers, likes heavy metal. That's it. Vincent said that he was going to be my step-cousin but because I'm so nosy I want to know what happened to his parents. I make a mental note to ask Mum when we get home because I want to know but I don't want to ask Justin. 

"I feel like we're majorly third wheeling right now" I say as me and Justin are making a sand castle. Mia and Alivia are sitting a couple of metres away from us and Alivia and Alessandro are still in the water. 

"Me too" Justin says looking a bit sad, "bet you wish Dante was here" he says cheekily smiling, "He couldn't stop asking questions about you yesterday" 

I blush, "really? Like what?" 

"I dunno, your favourite colour, like I had any idea what it was and things like your favourite movie, again, like I had any idea what that was either" he says casually while making a moat out of sand around our castle. 

I day dream about Dante for a couple hours until we decide that we all want ice-cream. Well, really me and Justin demanded it because we were sick of the beach and sick of the flirting that we were surrounded by. By the way, I am still not liking the idea that my friends are flirting with my soon to be step brothers, I just don't know what to do about it. 

The rest of the day was fine. We got ice-cream then we went home and of course me and Justin were surrounded by flirting the whole time which sucked. 

It's now Monday morning. And I am dreading going to school so much. Alessandro and Zeke are like the main 'bad boys' of our school, they each have a friend group at school surronded by more 'bad boys' but they are like the leaders. And so when they arrive to school in Alessandro's car with the windows down and music on full blast everybody in the school looks at them. Some with lust and some with fear. 

But now I'm going to be there. I'm the nerd. I'm the loser. I am most defiantly not the one that likes attention. 

I race downstairs because I left it to the last minuet to get ready due to my procrastinating getting ready because of me really not wanting to go to school. 

"You ready?" Alessandro asks by the front door

"Yep" I say and leave the house

We're on the way to school but because I didn't know when I packed that I was staying till Tuesday I hadn't packed any of my school stuff so we stop off at home. 

"You guys can leave. I'm just gonna walk to school from here" I say getting out of the car at my house 

"Yeah and then we get yelled at by Dad for abandoning you" Zeke replies from the back seat, not even looking up from his phone

"We'll wait" Alessandro says and turns off the car

"Uh, ok, I won't be long" 

Great. Just great. 

I run inside and pack my school bag full of my school things that I will need, then after I'm done I run back outside and get in the car. We leave and are about a block away from the school. 

"Hey, uh can you just let me out here. I wanna walk" I say 

"Ooh, don't you wanna be seen with us?" Zeke says teasingly from the back seat. 

"Uh, no. I just want some fresh air" I say 

"Sorry, Dad'll kill us if he thinks we left you somewhere alone" Alessandro says and carries on driving 

"Uh, fine" I reply 

Today is going to suck.