Chapter Twenty

"Morning" Dante says from the other couch. We slept on the couches yesterday because we were watching movies and eating popcorn. 

"Morning" I say rubbing my eyes and sitting up. I blink a few times and then look at Dante, "Wait what time is it?" 

"9:30" He says casually

"Dante! You have to go to school!" I say and run over to him grabbing him by the arm and trying to pull him up, I forgot how much my ribs hurt and so when I grab his arm I hiss out in pain. 

"Sit, sit" Dante says and gently pulls me onto his lap so that the back of my head is resting on his neck, "I'm not going to school today, I'm going to look after you" he says and hugs me 

"I was going to protest but this is actually kinda nice" I say giggling referring to him holding me

"Good, because we can do it all day" Dante says and kisses the top of my head.

I think me and Dante just have the worst luck in the world because as soon as Dante says this Vincent and Mum are standing right in front of us. 

"So you're plan worked Vincent!" I say to try and cover for the fact that Vincent just saw me in Dante's arms. 

"Yes it did and we're moving in today" Mum says beaming. Vincent just stares at Dante with his eyebrows up as if to say, 'you gonna move?'. 

I sense the awkwardness and awkwardly try to get up from the couch, Mum grabs my arm and helps me up, 

"Come on, we've got to go see how much room there is in your closet" she says and drags me away from Vincent and Dante and into the hall. 

"Mum" I hiss at her trying to go back so that Dante doesn't have to be alone with Vincent. 

"Oh come on, Vincent won't do anything" Mum says and continues dragging me up the stairs. 

I realise that there is no hope in me protesting so I follow Mum. 

"OK, so I actually have something that I wanted to tell you" Mum says as we sit down on my bed. We had to walk up the stairs at an antagonisingly slow pace because my ribs are still hurting. 

"Ok, what is it?" I ask a little worried 

"Vincent and I are going to tell the boys tonight but we decided to tell you first because, well when we announced the news that we were moving, it didn't exactly go to well" Mum says referring to when I fainted as she chuckles a bit 

"Okay?" I ask really worried now

"Leah, I'm pregnant!" Mum squeals 

"Oh my god Mum that is so great!" I say and hug her

"I'm so relieved you think so. And you're not angry about having to move in earlier than we thought?" 

"No, seriously I don't mind at all, I actually like it here now" I say smiling. When I first had to come visit here I dreaded it so much and thought that I was going to hate it forever but I actually kind of love it here now. 

"Ok good" Mum says smiling, "we better go down now to save Dante" she says and laughs as she adds, "poor boy" 

"Mum! You said he would be fine!" I say and try to run out the door but can't because of the pain in my ribs, 

"Wow, slow down there. Yeah, I think I lied, I had no idea what Vincent was going to say to Dante" Mum says and laughs, "but he'll be fine!" Mum assures me when she see's the look on my face. 

"He better be" I mutter and we start walking down the stairs. 

By the time we get down the stairs I can see no sign of Dante, Vincents just casually sitting on the couches now joined by Bellamy, Jason and the twins (Matteo and Leo). 

"We got ice cream, we got ice cream, we got ice cream" the twins chant as soon as I walk into the living room. 

"Wow cool guys" I say trying to be enthusiastic but still wondering where Dante is. I sit down on one of the couches and Mum sits next to Vincent on another. I'm staring at Vincent and I know that he knows I'm staring at him but he's purposefully looking away. 

"Hey Tina, we got ice cream!" The twins say jumping up and down 

I block out the rest of the conversation and stare at Vincent, trying to get his attention. 

After a while Jason comes and sits next to me, "He went to the club house to get a truck to move your stuff in. Vincent didn't yell at him he just threatened him. I saw you love birds last night and thought I better leave you to it" Jason says smiling and laughing at the last part. 

"Thanks, Jason" I say, Jason moves back over to where he was sitting and I continue to block out the conversation except this time I'm thinking of Dante. 

A few hours past and now I'm currently sitting on the bedroom floor of my old room trying to decide what to take. It's not that I don't have enough room for it all in my new room it's just that Mum decided that this was a good time for me to get rid of a heap of clothes that I don't wear, and stuff that I don't use. But I never understood how hard that was!

"What about this?" Dante asks as he pulls out a shoe box from under my bed. 

"Don't open that!" I scream at Dante and take the shoe box of him. 

"Okay, but now I'm intrigued" Dante says and I blush

"It's nothing" I say 

"Okay, if you say so " Dante says smiling at me 

"Okay fine. But you have to promise to not tell my Mum about this" I say as I hold up my pinky finger to him. 

"I promise" he says as we pinky swear 

"I few years ago I wanted to find out more about my Dad and my family. I found my Dad pretty easily, he's a manager of a supermarket with two kids and a wife. When my Mums family found out that she was pregnant they basically disowned her, I tried to find them too. I found them in the end but it was actually pretty hard. The box it just fill with their information and pictures of them" I say as I open the box and sit down next to Dante on my bed.

"Hey you guys have the same nose!" Dante says and points to a picture of my Dad. 

"Yeah, I was so freaked out when I saw that" I say and laugh. 

We end up spending most of the next hour talking about my family. 

"So what about you? Iv'e never heard anything about your family" I ask. It's weird but now that Iv'e thought about it I really didn't know anything about his home life, or where he even lived.

"Not much to know" Dante shrugs his shoulders, "my Mum was some hooker that gave birth to me then ran off, my Dad works for Vincent but I don't see him much because he's always working, his fault not Vincents. Oh and Iv'e lived at the club house my whole life but I spend a lot of time at Vincents house" Dante says 

"Oh, I'm sorry about your Mum" I say sympathetically. 

"Nah, don't be. I honestly hardly even think about her" Dante says. The conversation goes quiet for a while until I ask, 

"Hey, um, what did Vincent say to you when I left earlier?" I ask referring to when pulled me up the stairs of Vincent house a few hour's earlier. Dante puts his arm around and pulls me close to him. 

"Nothing" he says smiling. 

"Oh come on, you have to tell me!" I say laughing 

"Nah, it was just that if I ever broke your heart or hurt you that he'd hurt me and everyone I loved, which is a little hypocritical really because then he would have to hurt you" Dante says smiling and looking at me. 

I feel like my heart is glowing and I look up at Dante whose smiling at me. 

"I love you Leah" he says

"I love you too" I say because I really do