003. where

"did you take any of my stuff namjoon?" jeongguk asked, as he rummaged through the boxes. "i can't find—"

"you mean this?" namjoon asked, holding a box that was smaller than the rest. "you told me not to touch it but you were—"

"thanks." jeongguk snatched the box away from namjoon and went in his room, he doesn't even give two fucks about what namjoon was gonna say.

"so, how are things going on with you and jimin?"

"nothing." jeongguk spoke bluntly.

"nothing?" namjoon leans against the door frame. "what do you mean nothing? do you guys have a problem?"

"sort of." jeongguk kept his answers short, wanting to avoid any further conversations.

"you know i'm always here to hear you out right. you can tell me when you're—"

"we broke up." jeongguk sighs. he stops cleaning his room, as his head lolls down.

"we broke up, okay? i'm still tryna get over it." jeongguk finally looks into namjoon's eyes. "so can you please, stop talking to me about it?"

"i-i'm sorry, i didn't mean i—" namjoon stutters as he scratches the back of his neck.

"just leave me alone."

INCOMING CALL FROM MUM...

"hey mum,"

"engagement party's tonight, i just wanted to know that you're coming."

"of course, wouldn't miss it."

"cheer up, son. it's gonna be fun."

"yeah,"

"you okay? how are you?"

"well, mum-"

"i'm really sorry sweetheart, i'm a bit busy right now. i'll talk to you later at the party, alright? see ya!"

CALL ENDED.

he stares at the box that namjoon gave earlier, before finally opening it. jeongguk tends to take pictures of jimin, when they were still dating. but now, he just looks at the pictures he took, remembering back the moments that were still vivid in his mind, yet so painful for his heart.

he took his phone, finally turning it on after a few days of ignoring calls.  he scrolls through a list of missed calls he recieved from jimin. his eyes blurring out as guilt washes over him.

after telling jimin he was moving, he never answered any of the calls he got as his phone was completely shut off. but he realizes that he should've explained himself to jimin, instead of just ignoring him like that. after all, they were lovers. his finger hovers over jimin's contact number before he finally taps on it.

CALLING JIMIN...

"oh my god, jeongguk!"

"are you okay?"

"your phone was turned off after you told me you were moving,"

"are you okay?"

"where are you?"

"i'm not mad okay? i just wanna know if you're safe."

"hello? jeongguk?"

"jeongguk—"

CALL ENDED.