Fourteen

Genesis looked anywhere else but at the silver eyes that stared at her intensely. Even though her mate did not show it, he was very angry. And she could tell by the fire that was raging within his eyes.

"Look at me." Ezra's voice says. His powerful and commanding voice made her shyly look up at his enormous frame. His eyes were more calm now, but that didn't mean that Ezra was not angry.

Genesis then remembered what she had seen earlier on. The memory of her mate ripping and tearing flesh apart with just his bare hands.

Ezra showed no mercy. No remorse. No sympathy. It was like killing species was something he did on a regular basis.

It made Genesis tremble. She wasn't just afraid of him now. She was petrified.

She did not want to look at him. She did not want to talk to him. She did not want to touch him. And she did not want him to touch her. She knew how much of a monster she was, but Ezra was another story.

He was used to it.

He was used to killing people.

"Aingeal ." Ezra says darkly, making her flinch. She began to shake with fear. Her eyes closed shut as her breathing began to pick up. There was a shift in the atmosphere and she knew that they were both in the white realm.

She felt him make another move to touch her and she whimpers, taking a step back.

"Please, do not hurt me. " Genesis pleads. She finally opens her eyes to reveal her mate standing dangerously close to her, silver eyes staring intently at her.

"Genesis," Ezra says lowly. "I am shocked that you would even think of me hurting you. I would not even lay my hand on you without your consent. You may not be as strong as I am, but I respect you more than any other person."

"Now please ask yourself," he adds, taking another step towards her, as if being at ten feet away from her wasn't intimidating enough. "If I have ever done anything to remotely hurt you."

Genesis looked down in shame. Even though Ezra was the most ruthless creature of them all, she really couldn't picture him hurting her physically.

She couldn't look at him. She didn't want to.

"I'm sorry." Genesis whispers. "I just couldn't imagine you doing something as torturous as killing. But I should not judge you, for I have done it myself. I do not want to be reminded of what I have done in the past, but my past will always catch up to me. I-I'm sorry for all the troubles I-I've caused-"

Her rambling was cut short when Ezra's hand wrapped around her jawline and brought her in a passionate kiss. Genesis eyes widen in shock but slowly melted at the familiar feel of his soft lips on hers.

Ezra lifted her up, wrapping her short legs around his waist, he kissed her with force. It was rough but delicate. Firm and strong. He was telling her that, what she thought him to be was not to do her any harm.

That even though he was ruthless, he could still be gentle.

Genesis pulled away, gasping for air against his lips.

"Aingeal," Ezra huskily says, his eyes staring into the depths of her golden eyes. She gulped slowly, surprised that he was not as affected as she.

"Don't you ever think that I will hurt you." He says softly.

"I don't, but what you did to those men," Genesis whispers to him. "I-I did not recognize you. I was scared when I saw you killing the high jackers."

Ezra's eyes soften at that.

"I am sorry mo grá," he says, his voice becoming so soft that she had to strain to hear him. "I do not want you to have that impression of me. I want to protect you, at all costs. I do not want to be one of the many reasons of your fear."