Seventeen

Please read the authors note at the end :)
..............

"Someone had told the krysters where Genesis was located. That's why they were able to find her." Ian pronounces to his master.

Genesis was tired and had dread for the prolonging of this to finish. She didn't want to keep on running. She just wanted the fears of her past to swallow her whole and forget that she had even existed.

"Who is this." Ezra states lowly, clenching his fist.

"We're not sure." Another Lycan says, crossing his arms. "It could be anyone. Genesis is now a central target."

Genesis looked at Ezra in confusion.

Why was she the central target? As far as she was concerned, the krysters had been the only ones who threatened her existence.

"You are in line to be Lycaness; the Queen of Lycans." Ezra explains to her. Her eyes widen in shock as she looked around the room of unnaturally tall men.

"M-Me? W-Why?" She whispers to him, tugging on his arm.

How was she suppose to be the queen of all lycans when she could barely even manage herself? Surely Ezra didn't mean it.

"We'll talk about this later mo grá." He says, intertwining their fingers.

"We need to check all preliminaries and ensure we find out who this person is. I want no slacking off. Each and everyone of you are expected to train harder to protect my mate." Ezra finalizes, nodding his head slightly.

"Yes master." They all say. He dismisses them discreetly as they walk out of the conference room. As soon as they leave the room, Ezra places his mate in his lap, hugging her.

"Ezra." Genesis calls, pushing at his chest so she could look at him. "I can't be Queen."

"Yes, you can." He says softly, brushing the stand of hair that had fallen in her face. The small action made her shudder. "You are capable."

"I'm not." She says doubtfully. "When were you going to tell me this? When it was time for me to be pronounced as queen and I'm walking the ceremony not fully aware? I don't know-"

Ezra's soft lips stopped her from rambling as she melted in his arms. Her body heated up by each passing second as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Do not worry little mate." Ezra whispers against her lips. "You'll be fine, I promise you. Even though you don't feel like it, you are a queen. You are my queen. So I'm asking you kindly if you can accept my proposal."

Genesis swallowed slowly. Being this close to Ezra made it hard to think. He had such a high effect on her.

"Okay." She replies, smiling at him. He smiles gently before placing his hand on her arse and tapping it slightly.

"Okay come, I have a lot of work to do and you have a training session."

.............

"But who would do that?" Cassandra asks, plopping another grape in her mouth.

"I....don't know." Genesis says, trying to concentrate. She closes her eyes once again, regaining focus.

"I think I know who did it." Cassandra says causing Genesis eyes to reopen.

"Let her concentrate Cassandra." Velma says strictly, watching Genesis as she struggled to regain focus.

Velma was both Genesis and Zidon's new instructor. She was helping them in how to control their powers. It was somewhat easy for Genesis, but difficult for Zidon.