The Group Splits

Characters Alive:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Rosalina
Wario
Waluigi

Mario's group headed into the basement of the brothers' humble abode. Their plan was to see if the killer was hiding anything around. The area was dark and no one had a flashlight on their person, so Mario had to use the candle he kept at the door. He lit the candle with a match from the box that was in his left pocket and placed it into a candleholder. As the group descended on the stairs, they discussed their plan.

"So.. we're just gonna look around?" Waluigi enquired. "How are we meant to do that in pitch black?"

"Simple," Mario answered. "Stick together. We only have one source of light, which I'm holding."

"Kinda defeats the point, doesn't it," Rosalina butted in. "Even so, the basement is usually the most deadly area in horror movies. Assuming that none of us 5 are the killer, it's extremely unlikely that all of us will live long enough to walk back up these stairs."

"Well," Toad cut in before Rosalina could continue. "That got dark."

"Yeah, let's go," Mario finished. "We have a job to do; finding evidence."

Luigi's group headed upstairs toward the bedrooms in order to look for evidence. First of all, they checked Mario's bedroom. It was plastered in various reds and there were posters of the slightly smaller twin.

"Wow..." Wario rolled his eyes. "Your brother's an egotist."

"Yep," Luigi replied. "Since birth."

"Honestly guys, I'm not finding shit," Yoshi called over. "But it would be helpful if you guys looked around as well. Just a suggestion."

Mario's group was searching the basement bedroom in an attempt to find anything. Everything was smothered in dust, indicating that it hadn't been used in a very long time.

"Not get many guests?" Toad chuckled.

"Nope," Mario smiled weakly. "It's been a long time since anything interesting has happened in either mine or Luigi's lives."

Bowser scanned the area around him. "Does that explain the out-of-date pasta?"

"Oh god dammit," Waluigi frowned. "I ate a can of that earlier!"

He promptly began puking, and after about 3 minutes of doing so he collapsed, knocking over the candle and putting it out. Suddenly, ear piercing screams of horror were heard as the candle was picked up by Toad and relit by Bowser's fire breath. Toad checked the area and discovered Mario's body, with 7 knife punctures in his back.

"No..." he cried. "Not Mario..."

Luigi's group continued their search through the upper floor of the house. Nothing seemed suspicious in Mario's room so they decided to check around the study, one of the few areas of the house Luigi has the most authority over.

"Care to help this time?" Yoshi sarcastically requested.

"Alright, alright," Luigi laughed, jokingly dismissing his friend's sarcasm.

The small group did a sweep of the study, thoroughly checking every nook and cranny of the room for clues. They laughed and joked in an attempt to keep their spirits up, all secretly knowing that if they didn't laugh, they'd cry.

"...And Peach hasn't said a word!" Wario laughed.

"Wait," Yoshi realised. "You're right. Where's Peach?"

Luigi, Yoshi and Wario looked around. Peach was missing; not alive, yet no body to confirm death.

"Oh shit..." Luigi muttered.

Alright, so people are really starting to drop like flies now. Almost half the cast is gone! Time for a quick recap.

Characters alive:

Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Rosalina
Wario
Waluigi

Characters dead:

Daisy
Koopa
Birdo
Peach
Mario

Who do you think the killer is? Who do you think will survive? This chapter provides a hint!

The killer has a motive that has been foreshadowed throughout the story so far.

With that, I bid you farewell! Adios! Au revoir! Goodnight!