V1 Chapter 2: Metahuman?

(Y/N): This is unbelievable! I wanted to meet you face to face for the past 5 years.

Dr. Wells: Yeah, well you and Mr. Allen certainly went through great lengths to do it.

(Y/N): What do you mean?

Barry: I got struck by lightning that night too. I went into a 9 months comma and woke up a month before you.

(Y/N): I see, so what exactly happened that night?

Dr. Wells: Well S.T.A.R. Labs has not been operational since the night the FEMA categorized us as a class 4 hazardous location. 17 people died that night and many more were injured. Myself amongst them.

*(Y/N) then sees a giant crator in the ground.*

(Y/N): Holy crap. What happened?

Dr. Wells: 10 months ago the particle accelerator went online, exactly as planned for 45 minutes I had achieved my life's dream and then there was an anomaly. The electron became unmeasurable, the ring under us popped energy from that detonation was thrown into the sky, and that in turn seeded a storm cloud that-

(Y/N): That created lightning bolts, that struck us.

Dr. Wells: That's right. I was recovering myself when I heard about you two. The Hospital was undergoing unexplainable power outages every time you two were going into cardiac rest.

Barry: You see that was a misdiagnosis.

(Y/N): What do you mean?

Barry: We weren't flatlining, our heart beats were moving too fast for the EKG to register them.

Dr. Wells: Now, I'm not the most popular guy in town these days but, your parents allowed us to bring you here so that we could stabilize you. Now, with that out of the way, Cisco if you would.

Cisco: Oh right! *Throws a mallet at (Y/N).*

It then seems as if time slows down and (Y/N) walks over and grabs the flying mallet. It then stops and (Y/N) looks around confused.

(Y/N): What the heck was that? *His hands vibrating on and off.* What's happening to me?

Barry: Hey, just relax. It's fine.

(Y/N): You seem rather calm about this!

Dr. Wells: That's because what happened to you, also happened to Mr. Allen here.

(Y/N): So what exactly happened to us?

Barry *Smirking.*: This.

He runs off leaving a trail of yellow lightning

and then comes back in what looks like a hero suit

(Y/N): Whoa! What? I-how?

Dr. Wells: The night the particle accelerator went off, it released a massive amount of new substances in the air originally thought to be theoretical. These combined with dark matter and in yours & Mr. Allen's case; interactions with chemicals gave you super speed.

(Y/N): So, then there are others like us.

Cisco: Persisely, here at S.T.A.R. Labs we help Barry learn how to use his speed which, he uses to fight crime and other metahumans who do less than noble things.

(YN): Ok, and your name is Barry correct?

Flash: That's me, I also go by the Flash.

(Y/N): Do you think you could train me to be a hero?

Flash: I am honestly still learning my full potential with my powers to but, if it's okay with everyone else, than yeah.

Cisco: Yes, this awesome! We'll have two Flashes!

Caitlin: Are we sure this is a good idea to let a teenager do hero work?

Cisco: Hello, do you even watch the news?! There is already some kid about his age in Gotham named Robin helping the Bat-Man!

Caitlin: Cisco for the last time, Bat-Man is a myth.

Cisco: I'm telling you! He's as real as the Arrow!

In (Y/N)'s mind: I think I'm going to get along great with these guys.

(To be continued...)