Kapitulo 7

My eyes burned

My eyes burned. I don't know why but it suddenly burned upon seeing the solid streaks of light. Siguro, pagod lang ako. kailangan ko ng tulog. I turned to the side and realized I don't feel good. I held my palm on my forehead and sighed.

I need to work.

Saka kailangan ko ng pera. I only wished the paycheck will be out immediately. I badly needed it for my supplies and rent.

Aiden, with his sister, Shaya, is on the farthest table on where I am standing now. Nakikita ko siyang nakatingin sa akin. Sadyang sumulyap lang ba siya o titig na titig lang ako sa bawat galaw niya? Huh. I don't know.

I broke the eye contact when the guy in this table distracted me successfully with the clank of the hard plate.

"What is it, Sir? Do you have any concerns regarding your meal? If you have any problems, tell me immediately and I will report it to our head chef," diretso ko.

"Wala namang problema." Inangat niya ang wine glass matapos na sumimsim.

"That's good to hear, Sir. If you need anyth-"

"Oh, Milly," putol niya. "Don't you like my gift for you? I asked Lumen just what things you like and your favorties."

Pumikit ako ng mariin. Hindi ko pa man siya natitignan diretso sa mata ay gusto kong maduwal. I don't know what the heck is he saying about, lalo na't wala akong interes sa gusto niyang iparating.

Was he talking about the gift that Lumen brought to me during the end of my shift? Ano ba 'yon? Ni hindi ko nga iyon nabuksan dahil sa naririndi ako at nasusuka.

"I'm sorry, Sir. I don't accept gifts from clients."

"I'm not just a client here. . ."

He smiled. The stubble on his chin is evident. Nanginig ang kalamnan ko sa kanyang mga titig. If I was only an ice, I would melt on the spot; literally. I don't even want his gift.

"I don't want to be your friend either, Milly. Don't take it that way."

"I'm sorry, Sir. This is not befitting to discuss now. I'm sorry. I'm only trying to deliver quality service to the costumers and I know the boundaries of my job," agap ko.

"Kung gano'n, shall we go to a place that's befitting to talk about this matter?"

I smiled despite of the seeping disgust in my veins. It's not about my job or my service. It was about this costumer who's almost in his middle adulthood stage trying to woo me in his ways. It's weird. Very. It's creepy.

"Sorry," huling iginawad ko at pumihit papasok ng kusina.

Tatawagin pa ako sana ng head waitress pero umiwas ako ng tingin at ihinarap sa kanya ang palad. I went to the office and started taking off my apron hung on the waist. Kasunod nito ang pagbukas ng pintuan at ang hindi mawari'y mukha ng head waitress.