¡ one !

hi, so if you guys couldn't tell I've started a new book. I will be trying to update this daily but we all know that most times it won't happen but I will try.

I got inspired by @nicosniners book called "control" and I wanted to take my own twist on it but it's a lot different than their original story.

I hope you guys will enjoy the story :).

p.s: if there's any spelling mistakes or anything, please point them out. I wrote all of this on my computer and then edited it on my phone, thank you.

________________________________

it's typical to go to school right? You know elementary, middle, and high school but it's all humans, right? well, what if I told you that a certain kid by the name of joshua dun did go to school but it wasn't all humans? that half of the people that went were humans but the rest were something that people never want to mess with, never want to come in contact with, and just never want to be near with.

yep, that's right, demons.

now, of course, when you hear that you have to go to school with half of the "people" being demons, you'd instantly refuse to go but joshua nor his siblings had a choice.

since humans can easily be a target for demons to mess with, two reinforced glass barriers divides them apart with two entrances with one barrier dividing that hallway and one other hallway connected and the other barrier there, keeping humans such as joshua and his siblings from being controlled and/or possessed, that being the only protection for them but it's better than nothing. it was a whole lot better when school would come to an end, even though there was a much higher chance of being controlled by one, it was a lot better than being divided by a glass wall.

well, that was until school started back up.

a loud screeching noise jolted joshua awake, his dream imprinted behind his eyelids and his heart pounding against his chest. it's not the first time he dreamed of demons and it certainly wasn't going to be the last. he pressed the snooze button as he sat up, fingertips reaching over for round silver-rimmed glasses and sleepily placing them atop his nose. Once the world came to view, joshua pushed off his comforter and swung his legs over the side of his bed, plush carpet cushioning bare feet as joshua stood up and satisfyingly stretching his arms over his head as his back popped. he could hear three pairs of footsteps hustling down the hallway with one pair of little clicks following behind, joshua knew it was his siblings with their little pup following right behind.

with only a pair of boxers on, joshua dragged his feet over to his closet. it was a walk-in closet but it was stuffed full of clothing and random things littering the floor that it wasn't considered a walk-in closet. joshua peeled open the doors and hazily reached in, picking out a random sweatshirt gripped lazily in his hand and pulled it on. it wasn't such a big deal to dress better then you'd normally look on a different day and besides, it was joshua's junior year so he honestly didn't care if he looked like a homeless person on his first day back.

after picking out some jeans that didn't have any holes in them, joshua grabbed his phone and headed out. now sock cladded feet padded down the hall before coming upon a staircase, he could hear his family chatting away in the kitchen and he let himself take in a small silence before throwing himself in the world. his siblings and father were seated at the kitchen table while his mother hovered over the stove, their small golden pup by the name of jim noticed joshua immediately alerted the family of his presence. both his mother and father smiled at him while bidding him a good morning and his siblings' barely gave him a passing glance before going back to gossiping about whatever was "cool" these days. joshua never understood what underclassmen were gossiping about and never really cared to join in.

after eating a quick breakfast, packing a small number of items into his backpack, and grabbing his keys, joshua slipped on his shoes and hustled his siblings out the door. even though they really didn't want to go to school, it was a far greater punishment being late or ditching than being sick so they really had no choice.

all they had to do was get through the school year without getting in trouble and that was a lot easier said than done.