¡ eight !

Joshua loved staying at home all by himself, well, except staying at Brendon's house which he's never been inside of and being all by himself. Ryan had to go to school or else he'd be in the same situation Joshua was in, I mean, he was all in for it but Brendon has to change Ryan's mind at the last second which leads to Ryan smiling sadly at Joshua while Brendon shooed him out the door.

He never really liked Brendon in the first place.

The only upside: there was a freaking dog and it was adorable.

Joshua was instantly bombarded by a small little beagle when he opened up the door to Brendon's room and immediately cuddled it. Joshua giggled happily when the pup excitedly licked his face and squirmed in his arms.

"It looks like mean old Bren doesn't show you much attention, huh?" Joshua babied talked to the pup as he kicked the door shut with his foot and plopped down on the bed.

The pup just barked in response and settled down against his chest, giving Joshua the most adorable puppy eyes he's ever seen (besides Jim's, of course) and drifting off. Joshua decided he could use a nap himself since there's literally nothing else to do besides waiting patiently for Ryan and Brendon to come back. Trying to get in a comfortable position with a pup in your arms is difficult but since Joshua has done this like a thousand times with Jim, it didn't take long for him to get situated on his side while successfully not waking the small pup in the process. Joshua was surprised that Brendon's bed was actually soft rather then stiff, which was weird because the raven-haired boy always acts like an asshole as if he woke up in the wrong side of the bed, but Joshua decided not to dwell on it and drifted off.

-

(Switch in POV's, ooh)

-Ryan's POV-

Ryan really didn't like the idea of leaving Joshua alone at Brendon's house of all places but Joshua didn't want to go back home and leaving him at his house would only result in Joshua being bombarded with questions by his parents, so basically, Brendon's house was the only "safe" place.

A hand waving at his face snapped Ryan out of his trance, blinking rapidly to which Brendon knitted his eyebrows in concern, "you ok, Ry?"

Ryan nodded, lips tugging down into a frown, "yeah, just thinking about Josh."

Brendon sat the book he was reading down and pulled Ryan into a hug, threading brunet curls through his fingers and feeling Ryan's uneasiness melt away, "he'll be ok, baby. Trust me, he's probably cuddling the fuck out of my dog anyways."

Ryan smiled at that and nodded, "you're right, I just get nervous leaving him by himself."

Yes, Joshua was technically an adult and could look after himself but after recent events, Ryan just knew Joshua wasn't in the right mindset to care for himself. I mean, he locked himself in his room for a week and came out with scarred embedded wrists and paranoia.

Ryan really just wanted to punch the demon that caused all of this.

Ryan didn't realize tears trickling down his face until Brendon wiped them away, pulling back to see a frown sketched on his boyfriends face with worriment behind his eyes.

"Sorry," Ryan sniffed as he wiped away more tears, "I just can't believe that stupid flipping demon caused Josh so much pain, I just...want to punch them so badly."

Brendon ignored the tug at his heart and peppered kisses all across Ryan's face, noticing a small smile tugging at his boyfriend's lips and called it a success. There was nothing Brendon could really do except let Ryan just spill out the confined feelings.

So that's what he did.

-

Ryan never felt so relieved until seeing his best friend sleeping soundly with Brendon's dog and almost crumbling down to his knees with tears pricking at his eyes. Joshua looked at peace with his eyelashes fluttering gently against his cheeks and Ryan realized he couldn't be there for him 24/7.

He could try though and that's a promise he's never breaking.