Five

When Katie woke up, she was somehow back on the sailboat. Something was on her back. She picked it up. It looked as blue as the ocean, and looked like the shape of the rain. It looked relatable to the fire thing...
Katie looked around. She saw that the sailboat was tied to a snow mound, which looked very strong. Then the boat moved. The rope on the mound moved off the pile. Katie was sailing away! She went to the edge of the boat and jumped off, and onto the iceberg. The boat floated away. Katie and Fern had nothing to sail on anymore.
But where was Fern? She wondered, then while wondering, walked into hard snow. But it wasn't snow. A cat was frozen inside. Somehow, it looked familiar...
Fern! He was trapped inside the ice!
Katie was speechless. Fern wanted to sail at night! Instead of being mad, Katie made an inference that Fern sails better at night. Katie somehow remembered the dream at the same moment.
They were at Antarctica.
Katie now had nothing to do. Her friend was trapped, she has no boat, no food, she could not survive in the Antarctic. No cat could.
"What a sad cat."
"Who's there?" Katie Asked.
A cat walked beside the Frozen Fern. It had white and long fur, looking perfect in the cold.
"Need help?" Asked the cat. "Melting cats ain't easy."
Katie couldn't turn down help. "Sure."
The cat just walked away into snow field.
"What am I going to do now?" Asked Katie.
The cat came back, with a hammer in it's paw, apparently from somewhere. The cat then hit the ice block.
"Don't hurt him!" Katie Yelled.
"I practiced for years." Said the cat, looking at Fern. "I can't help cats with long tails, though. It's either hurt a tail or have no tail."
The cat kept hitting the ice block until Fern's head was out. Then Fern somehow closed his eyes. The cat continued.
"Try not to hurt his tail." Said Katie.
"Why don't you stay in my cave?" Asked the cat. "It's just behind us."
"Okay." Said Katie, and walked over to the cave.
The cave was big, with two tunnels. Katie couldn't know which tunnel to go through. Looking around, she saw lanterns, and by one lantern was a note.

Right, left, right, right, left.

Katie went the directions of the note. Right, left, right, right, left. After that, she saw what looked like an abandoned town. Katie remembered some cat history.
The history was, that many cats came down to Antarctica with supplies and made shelters. They made a city inside a cave, and they settled there.
Katie just couldn't help starting at the city. After a minute, some cats said:
"Wow."
"I know, right?"
Katie looked beside her. Fern and that other cat were by her side!
"What was your name again?" Asked Fern.
"I call myself Flurry." Said the cat. "You can stay here for a while. It's amazing that you came here while the Snow Carnival is on!"
"Thanks." Said Katie. "Let's check out the carnival first, Fern."
"Let's go!" Said Fern.
They walked to the right, where they saw the carnival. There were many games to play, and best of all, there was no currency for anything in the town. It looked like it.
"Snow Tank?" Asked Fern. "What is all this?"
"It's for fun if you didn't live in the forest." Said Katie. "Come on! Let's try it!"
"If you want to play, wait for these two." Said a cat who ran the Snow Tank.
The cat missed the target several times. What looked like ten snowballs were thrown, even one at the cat!
"Done!" Said the cat who ran the game. "Next cats!"
The cat got off the target and down the stairs. The other cat then walked away with that cat.
"You can go on the target." Said Katie. "I'll go behind the line."
Fern agreed and laid down on the target. When Katie threw her first snowball, it was exactly at the target. The pad flipped up and Fern fell down in the snow!
"Brrr! So cold!" Fern Said, shivering and getting out of the pit of snow.
"Let's play more!" Said Katie.
"Okay." Said Fern. "But no more Snow Tank."

After playing many games, Katie and Fern Asked Flurry for a place to stay. There were many wood huts and igloos around. Some looked modern, others looked old.
"There's a, what you call, 'modern' hotel thing." Said Flurry, "You can stay there, or at that free hut."
"We'll try the hut." Said Katie.
"Okay then, walk there." Said Flurry.
Katie and Fern walked over to the wood hut. There were beds already set up. Fern's brown spotted fur walked over to one of the leaf beds.
"I need a nap." Said Fern.
"I'll go explore while you nap." Said Katie, as she walked out of the hut.
Katie saw a store beside her. She opened the door and walked in.
"Pick what you want, and I'll check if you didn't steal it." Said the cashier.
Katie looked around the shop, and she saw a sign.

Custom Snow Globes
Made in one day! Pick up tomorrow.

"I would like a Custom Snow Globe." Said Katie.
"What would be inside?" Asked the cashier.
"Me and my friend, Fern." Said Katie.
"Colors of this 'Fern'?"
"Brown with darker spots."
"I'll get it ready in a day." Said the cashier. "For now, just wait in your hut, or look around for more things."
"Okay." Said Katie, and left the store.
As Katie went by huts, many cats were greeting Katie. At the end of the tunnel, there was a farm, with growing crops and a house.
"Are you that mouse hunter I called for?" Asked a cat.
The cat was probably the farmer, and probably had a mouse problem.
"No." Said Katie.
"If you see a mouse hunter around, tell me."
Okay." Said Katie. "I will."
Katie looked through the hole in the cave. It appeared to be night, so Katie walked back, past the shop, to her hut, and slept with Fern in another bed.