86

A few days had passed since that incident and I haven't seen Jackson in school for any of them. But the last time I did see him, he asked for my address.

But as for now, I was just helping Jimin do the dishes on this cold winter night while mom and dad were off on a date. Jimin turned off the tap and reached for a paper towel to dry his hands.

"What are you doing, there's still more dishe-"

"I think we should talk about something Tae." He had a small smile on his lips.

"Again?? What about?" I pouted. I hate when Jimin sits me down and just asks me questions.

"It won't be a long talk. But I'm very proud of you, for reaching this point to where you can advise people to make good decisions. And for that, I wanna take you out to eat." His smile grew as he reached to hand me a paper towel too.

"What's the catch?" I squinted.

"You're paying."

"Bet."

...

We arrived at a sushi restaurant within the same hour. We picked a booth by the windows and placed our orders.

"I've never been to this part of town before." I looked outside as cold wind blew around the bare trees.

"Mom and dad used to take me and Kookie here all the time when we were younger."

"Oh, well why didn't you invite him?" I looked back to make eye contact with him.

"I did." He smirked and looked at the window. I followed his gaze to see Jungkook on the other side cheesing and waving like a 5 year old. And then, Jimin stood up to put on his coat.

"What are you doing?" I grabbed his sleeve softly.

"Don't panic, your big brother has everything all planned out." We both watched Jungkook leave the window to go to the front door instead. Jimin patted my head with ease and put his phone in his pocket. "I already ordered his favorite meal here, he knows how to get from here to home so you don't have to give him a ride, you're paying for the meal so you can thank me later for scheduling your first date." He listed off as he fastened the buttons on his coat.

"Thank you?" He was speaking so fast that I was struggling to comprehend.

"You're welcome." He smiled. "If he asks how you knew this was his favorite meal, just say it was luck." He rushed out just as Jungkook came in behind him.

"Hyung! Hi!" Jungkook gleamed as he approached, disturbing other customers on his way. "Hi Tae!" He waved at both of us with that same big goofy smile. I found myself blushing and ended up clearing my throat and just playing with the straw in my cup of coke.

"Hi Kookie. I'm not staying but you don't mind hanging out with Tae for the night, right?" Jimin asked him as Jungkook sat down in front of me.

"Nope, I don't mind." He shook his head animatedly.

"Okay, you two have fun. But not too much fun." He squinted, then his smile returned as he wished us goodnight and left.

And then it was just Jungkook and I. It was getting a little awkward -well for me at least since Jungkook seemed to have been having the time of his life in his own head- so I opened my mouth to speak, only for the waitress to approach.

"Sorry for the hold up!" She rushed out and placed our meals on the table. Jungkook angrily glared at her through the entire process, which I couldn't help but chuckle at. "Enjoy your meals." She bowed and scurried away.

"Why did you look at her like that?" I laughed as I picked up my chopsticks.

"The people who work at these places always flirt with my hyungs." He scowled.

"Has anyone ever flirted with you?"

"I dunno. But I don't care, because I love my hyungs." He was back to that sheepish grin which I was happy to see. "But like when all of my hyungs and I go out together, people won't stop looking at us! And our food is always late because the workers are too busy staring at my Jimin hyung." He complained with a pout while picking up his chopsticks. Then suddenly, he gasped. "My favorite! How'd you know?!" He joyfully stuffed a roll into his mouth.

"O-oh um... it was luck..." I chuckled awkwardly.

"What's your favorite?? I owe you!"

"You don't, this doesn't even begin on how much I need to repay you." I breathed.

"Repay me for what? Did you take something from me?"

"What happened with... Jimin and Namjoon hyung...a few weeks ago." I hated to bring it up because I hate myself even more for making those choices. But at the same time, it never felt like I was the one actually making the choice.

"Oh that? I forgive you hyung." He smiled and stuffed another roll between his lips, holding it while he chewed like a baby bunny.

"Really? After all I put you and your hyungs through, you really forgive me??" I stared at him with big curious eyes.

"Cute!" That didn't answer my question but I took it as a yes. He finished chewing to lean on his hand and watch me eat. "My hyungs forgive you. Our hyungs forgive you. Kookie can forgive too, so he forgives you TaeTae."

"Thank you... Jungkook." A smile slowly crept onto my lips, and after that, I just couldn't stop smiling. I felt so relieved, so alleviated. A weight lightened from my shoulders while he stuffed more food into his mouth and then smiled at me again.

After that, everything was like a blur... the last thing I can really remember is listening to his giggle.

My writing skills are mad rusty bro, but its been so long since I last updated that I had to push something out of my mind lol. I've been trying to get back into writing since I have no plans of leaving this hobby any time soon. I'm sorry if this seems rushed or less than other chapters, please comment if you notice something like that. But thank you for reading anyway. 💜✌🏼