Chapter 14: Gremory Vs. Phenex (Part 1)

Y/N's POV

You're waiting in your room for the Rating Game to start. As you do, you reflect on the past ten days.

After using the last two remaining days to train with your Sacred Gear, you felt like you were ready. It may not have been long, but you asked Rias if you could train only with Ryuko over that time. While she was reluctant to let you go, Yomo convinced her. Even though it was only two days, it felt almost natural.

Over the course of the training, Touka and Hinami got stronger as well as everyone else. Yomo and Hinami trained Kira to work on her defense and power while Touka trainer Koneko to work on her speed. You had no idea, but Hinami's kagune was really powerful.

Y/N: "I never would have thought Hinami was a chimera."

Yomo taught you that when ghouls with different types have a child, there's a small chance the child would inherit both types, hence making them a chimera type.

As you're thinking back, Itori comes into your room.

Itori: "Nervous? I'm sorry I couldn't help you train, but according to Renji, you improved a lot."

Y/N: "I feel stronger. I just hope it's enough."

Itori: "Relax. You've worked really hard. Just trust in your team and more importantly in yourself and you'll win."

Y/N: "I hope you're right..."

Itori: "So... the girls told me that they saw."

Y/N: "Yeah, they did."

Itori: "I remember the first time I saw them. You were so afraid. I'm glad you're better now." She gives you a hug.

Y/N: "I wouldn't say I'm better, but I'm not as afraid as I used to be."

Itori: "And that's better! Want a snack before the Game?"

Y/N: "Sure. Rias said that if you want to watch the Game to head to Anteiku. Mr. Yoshimura and the others were given a special crystal from Rias so they could watch."

Itori: "Duh I'll be there. Gotta watch my little brother kick ass!"

She makes you a quick snack and you eat it.

Y/N: "I'm heading out. Asia should be there so you can head straight to Anteiku."

Itori: "You win against him and I'll give you a special reward."

Y/N: "What kind?" you say cautiously.

Itori: "You'll just have to win to find out!"

You say goodbye and go to the ORC. As you arrive, you see Touka and Hinami in the room.

Rias: "Ah look, he's here. Now you can tell him yourself."

Hinami is the first to walk up to you, followed by Touka.

Touka: "Everyone says 'Good Luck'."

Y/N: "Tell them 'Thank You' for me, would you?"

Hinami: "You'd better come back to me... to us I mean." she says with a strong look on her face.