S2 Chapter 9: Freedom

Yomo's POV

Yomo: "He's not on this floor either."

Uta: "We haven't found him yet. At this rate, he'll either be killed by the CCG or by ghouls trying to escape."

Yomo gets a call.

Yomo: "Find him yet?"

Itori (phone): "No, we haven't. He's not on any of the lower floors and there's Doves fighting all over the place."

Yomo: "He's not on the middle floors either. Keep searching. We'll check the upper floors and you guys check below. If the manager's correct, there should be at least two underground floors to this place, if not more. Keep safe. And Itori? Don't worry. We'll find our precious little brother."

Itori: "...It's reassuring to hear that from you, Renji."

She hangs up.

Yomo: "Alright, let's go Uta."

Uta: "Hold on. Do you hear that?"

???: "Check this way! Remember to exterminate any Ghouls you come across!" they hear from around the corner.

Yomo: "Doves. Let's keep going."

Uta: "You go on ahead. I'll deal with them. In exchange, I want you to fight me later."

Yomo: "You never change, do you? Very well, I leave them in your hands."

He goes off as Uta readies for a fight.

Rias's POV

The ORC and the Student Council arrive at the school. By the sounds of the fighting, Kokabiel and Ryuko are already inside. Sona's peerage puts up a barrier around the place to prevent any damage to the outside as well as keeping unsuspecting people out.

Sona: "We've covered the entire with a protective barrier. If nothing drastic happens, this should prevent anyone from interfering."

Rias: "Thank you, Sona. This means so much."

They hear people behind them. Hinami and Touka show up just in time.

Touka: "What's the status?"

Sona: "Understand that this will only work if conditions remain the same. Ryuko's keeping Kokabiel busy, but we have his other forces to worry about. I don't know what you'll find in there, but I wish you luck. Is there any news on Y/N?"

Touka: "No, not yet. The others have begun their operation, but... We have to focus on the problem at hand."

Hinami: "They trust us to help you guys, and we're going to do just that!"

Rias: "Thanks you two. I fear we'll be in for a rough battle."

Saji: "Have you heard from Kira, President Rias?"

Rias: "No, we haven't. I know she'll show up though. I have confidence in her."

Sona: "I'll keep the barrier up, but I might not be able to keep the school from collapsing, as much as I prefer to avoid it."

Rias: "I'm not going to let that happen."

Sona: "Rias, it's not too late. There's still time for you to contact your brother."

Rias: "You know what I don't see? You trying to contact your big sister."

Sona: "With good reason, too. Sirzechs loves you. You know he would want to assist us. There's no doubt that he'd come as soon as you called him, so call him."

Akeno: "There's no reason. I've already contacted Sirzechs." She says with a stern face.

Rias: "How could you do that without asking me first?" she says angrily.