Season 2.5

Alright everyone, it's your friendly neighborhood dragon!

For those of you who have been eagerly awaiting new chapters of this book... you may have to wait a little longer. With the lockdown due to COVID-19, I've technically had more free time on my hands, but most of that's been spent either sleeping or doing schoolwork. That being said, I've read some of the 75 chapters that make up the Root A manga and have a finished first draft for the first chapter of Season 2.5. Not sure if I'm happy with it yet, but I'll let you know.

The reason why it's considered 2.5 is because it's happening in the middle of the second season of DxD, between the fight with Kokabiel and the Summit. In the DxD canon, it was only a few days between the two, but I extended that to a month both for narrative reasons and logical ones. The narrative reason is because I wanted enough time for Y/N to go on his edgy loner journey that canon Kaneki does in Root A. The logical reason is that I thought if it took an hour for Sirzechs to gather his forces when in reality, his Peerage probably would've been enough to take down Kokabiel and Freed, it'd take A LOT longer for the leaders of the Three Factions to decide to have the Summit, decide where the Summit is supposed to take place, gather the forces they did to stand guard during the Summit, and to decide what to talk about in detail. Think of how much time and preparation in advance the Secret Service has to do to secure locations for people like the President to speak. Now take into account three factions worth of that trying to do it all at the same time. A month may not seem long enough, but I'd like the Tokyo Ghoul story not to completely slow the momentum of the DxD story, so I settled on a month.

That all being said, we're not only focusing on Y/N here, but the people he left behind are going to have some importance to the story. It