Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Adam Watson’s POV

“Olivia, is my schedule packed today?”I asked to Olivia, my temporary assistant. I only let her be my assistant for yesterday and today because today, my queen will be here.

I just smiled at the thought she was going to be with me today. I told her to come and I was going to offer the assistant place to her. 

We walked towards the elevator and Olivia pushed the UP button for me. Then, we walked into the empty elevator and went to the 20th floor. 

“No, sir. And Miss Victoria Strauss’s already waiting for you 20 minutes ago.”She said with a serious expression. 

Geez, there was no need to be serious all the time.

We walked out from the elevator and went into my office. Olivia took off my blazer and hung it on the coat stand. I sat on my seat and crossed my fingers on my desk. 

“Let her come in.”I said sternly and leaned back on my seat. 

My queen was here. And am I nervous? No, I just overreact. 

But what will she react if she meet me? Is she was going to be pleased or awkward around me?

No, stop worrying about that. 

And how I am right now? Am I looking good enough? 

Stop it, Adam. She was just come here to work. But I want her to be mine.

I rose up from my seat and went to the couch. I sat there with my legs crossed and stared at the see through glass door in front of me. She will be coming.

Then, the door was pushed by Olivia and with a woman at her back. Maybe it was my queen.

“Sir, she’s here.”Olivia said and walked to the left showing my queen at her back. My queen was wearing a white shirt and a navy blue pencil skirt with a pair of red high heel. And she has glasses on too. 

She looked straight at me scanning me with her beautiful hazel eyes. She widened her eyes looking shocked at something. What? There was something wrong? 

“Hello, my queen.”I said after Olivia left us alone in the office. I rose up from the couch and walked towards her.

“Huh?”She said in confusion. I keep walking towards her until her back was bummed on the wall. I used that chance to be closer at her by slamming my palms on the wall trapping her from getting away. She looks afraid, confused and shocked at my reaction. 

“Hey, nice marks you have on your neck.”I said as my head was leaned closer to the crook of her neck to see the evidence of my marks on her neck.

“Huh? Oh.”She replied as her eyes were pacing around looking uncomfortable by the closeness. I just smirked and reached near at her ear and breathed.

“You’re so beautiful, my queen.”I whispered and she shut her eyes tightly and her fist were clenched tightly too. Then, a tear streamed down her face. I was shocked by it and backed away from her.

She’s crying?  Why? Am I scaring her?

“M-my queen, are you okay?”I stuttered a bit feeling guilty and shocked. 

She opened her eyes and wiped the tear away. I lunged to her and hugged her smoothing her back to calm her down and I accidentally felt her bra on her back. 

No, you can’t do something funny when she’s crying, you stupid mind.

After a few minutes, she stopped sniffing and backed away from me. She acted like there was nothing happened. I just sighed and went to my desk sitting on it. She turned her face to face me. I cleared my throat before I talked.

“Victoria Strauss, you’ll be my new assistant from now on. You’ll be switched with Olivia, the one who brought you here.”I said and crossed my arms across my chest. She just stood there straight watching me talk.

“And you’ll assist and help me on my works.”I finally said and went to my seat. I crossed my legs as I leaned backward to sit in comfortable. I watched as her pink lips forming a wide smile.

“Thank you, sir. And how did you get my resume?”She asked tilting her head a bit. She looks so cute doing that action.

“Uh… umm… I just got it from somebody.”I said giving a vague answer to her. 

“Oh… thank you, sir. I’ll never disappoint you.”She said with the big smile on her lips. Then, she excused herself to get out from my office. 

I almost jumped out when my phone vibrated and rang on my breast pocket. I took out the phone and answered the call.

“Hello?”

“Hello, son. Did you already found her yet?”Mom asked excitedly on the phone. Why can’t she just ask about other things than my future wife? But I’ve already found her.

“Yes, mom. I’ve found her.”I said as I grinned widely in happy. 

“WHAATTT?! Are you serious?!”Mom shouted on the phone make me cringed as her shout almost exploded my eardrum.

“Who’s she? Is she beautiful? Oh my God, my daughter in law! When will you introduce her to us?”Mom asked in a quick speed and she coughed at the last word. I just chuckled at her cute act.

“Mom, I’m still going on to make her mine.”I half whispered and chuckled again. 

“Good luck, son. I love you. Make sure you make her fall for you hard.”Mom said and hung up the phone. Huh, finally she hung up the phone. Usually I was the only one who hung up the phone first.

Then, I looked at my desk. There was a pile of files I need to sign. I need to do this all before lunch. I was in a good mood today. 

And I was planning on having lunch with my queen too. 

I stretched my stiff arms from all the sign works. Finally my work was done. I took a glance at my watch and it was 12.50 p.m. 

Lunch time!

I took my blazer out and put it on getting ready for lunch with my queen. I wonder what she was doing right now.

I walked out from my office and went to the assistant office to meet my queen. As I walked into her office, she was sleeping soundly with her head and hands lay on the desk.

I should have given her some tasks to do. 

Should I wake her up? But I didn’t want to interrupt her sleep. But I want to have lunch with her. But she looks so cute right now. But I want to go out with her. 

Ugh, there are so many ‘buts’ that I didn’t know what to decide. 

I took out my phone on my pocket and slide the screen to unlock. I went to the camera and took some pictures of my queen sleeping.

Now I was not going to worry about missing her too much.

I walked out leaving my queen in her slumber and went to the elevator. I pressed the DOWN button and the elevator opened.

I walked into the elevator and pressed the 1st floor button. 

I can’t control the big smile on my lips. I didn’t know why. 

The elevator stopped at 15th floor to take the employees down too as it was lunch time. The employees looked at me in shock at my facial expression. 

“What?!”I growled at them annoyed at their look at me and they quickly turned their attention to somewhere else. Now I was pissed again. 

And I wonder what my queen would like as her lunch.