Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Victoria Strauss’s POV

“Am I looking good enough?”

“You’re always beautiful, my queen.”

“Are you sure? But this dress shows my shoulder too much.”I said as I tried to cover my bare shoulder. I wore a purple short satin dress with a pair of nude platform shoes. I almost tumble wearing this shoes.

“It’s called strapless, my queen.”He said as he got out from the car.

“I know.”It's not like I never wear a strapless dress before but I didn't like to show my bare shoulder and my barely covered chest.

“Do you want to change the dress again?”He asked as he walked towards me that already out from the car.

“No need to. I’ll go with this dress.”I said as I took his hand and grabbed it tightly.

 “Are you worried that I’ll leave you? Don’t worry, my queen. I’ll never leave you alone.”He whispered mentioning my tight grab on his hand while I blushed like crazy.

“How am I going to know you’re not going to leave me or not?”I asked with my chin up trying to not get blushed too much by his words. 

“Hmm…”He looked as if the answer is up at the sky.

“Aha! Just believe in me. That’s all you need to do.”He replied as he gave me a reassuring big smile and patted my hand. 

“You know, we need to go in before the party start.”He said as he tugged my arms and we go straight to the mansion.

Wow… mansion.

With my monthly salary, I can buy a mansion in... 78 years.

Huh, I don’t think I’m still alive in that long time.

“Welcome to our family’s house… or mansion?”Adam said and looked at me as we got into the mansion. 

My jaw was widely open as I looked around. People with expensive dresses and suits, jewelries, shiny shoes, good looks and oh… gold accessories too in the mansion walking and chatting with their friends. And the house, I mean the mansion was freaking huge and extravagant that look like a castle and there’s a diamond chandelier hanging on the ceiling. Why diamond? There are a lot of other gems that’s better than diamond.

“Victoria! You came!”Suddenly a familiar female voice make me snapped my head from looking at the diamond chandelier and turned at the woman who was calling my name. 

“Leah!”A grin crept up on my lips and Leah ran towards me and she hugged me so tight that I can feel my backbone’s crashing… just kidding.

“So you two have already known each other? Great, I won’t bother to introduce my family to you because I don’t know how to introduce people.”Adam said as he looked at Leah and me. Leah just chuckled and I just looking around to find Elena.

“Oh, you haven’t met my youngest daughter.”Leah said as she tugged my arm to somewhere but Adam’s arm was still on mine.

“Mom, I promised her I won’t leave her.”Adam said to his mom.

“I’m just going to take her to Lucy, that’s all.”Leah replied with a frown on her forehead. Seriously, son and mother fighting over a lady? 

“No. I’ve promised her to not to leave her.”Adam fought back still didn’t want me to leave.

“Okay. Adam, you’ll follow me with your mom if you still didn’t want to leave me.”I said hoping that they wouldn’t argue over little thing. Leah and Adam didn’t act like their age.