Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Adam Watson’s POV

“Hey, dude!”A familiar male voice called and I snapped my head towards the door of my office. 

“Calvin.”Calvin came out from the door and waved his hand at me. He ran to the couch and sat on it while his eyes were still glued on me.

I pursued on my papers and I can feel Calvin’s gaze is still on me.

This dude is being a creep!

“Spill.”I said as I turned my eyes again towards him.

“Let’s get away from this boring place and get some fresh air.”

“I don’t have time for fresh air and this city is already polluted.”I replied and went back to do my work again.

“Man, I can’t stand watching you like this. Just look at you! You look like a helpless fucking beggar!”He half shouted frustrated just by looking at my appearance. 

I’m sure that I’m not that bad… but I’m really stressed right now.

I didn’t reply but instead I muted myself. 

I don’t know why I am like this but one thing for sure that I miss my queen.

“Hmm…”I replied in bored tone still continuing my work. 

“I don’t give a damn what are you doing right now but I want you to go out with me!”He commanded as he walked towards me. I just watched him walking here with a frown on my forehead.

“Okay, fine. I’ll get up.”I said surrendering as he keeps shaking my seat to annoy me.

“That’s my boy!”He cheered like a mother who just witnessed her son walking for the first time.

“So, where are we going?”I asked as we got into the elevator and Calvin pressed the DOWN button.

“Somewhere nice.”He replied didn’t completely answering my question. 

Somewhere nice?

My queen’s ward room?

But I’m already gone there 14 times but still no progress from my queen. Sometimes I wanted to give up and back to my old life but I can’t. I just can’t.

The elevator opened and we got out from the elevator. Calvin greeted the hormonal female employees and the females were swoon by his charm easily. 

“Look! It’s the Duo Sex Gods!”One of female murmured about us as we walked through the lobby.

Duo Sex Gods? I haven’t heard them before.

“Mr. Watson’s so gorgeous! I wish I have him.”

“I wish I have Mr. Hugh. He’s so damn sexy!”

“Mr. Watson looks so torn out today. He must be very busy.”

Wow, am I that obvious? Do I look that bad?

“Hey, hop in!”Calvin called from his white Lamborghini who is standing in front of the entrance. I hop into his car and we speed of to somewhere.

“Dude, how do I look right now?”I asked Calvin as I took a big bite a hotdog in my hands. 

“Ugly… too ugly for my dislike.”He replied as he licked a cone of vanilla ice cream in his hand. 

We are leaning at Calvin’s Lamborghini while watching the sun set at a park. We always did this to free ourselves from stress.

 “But I’m sure that I’m still hot like always.”I said as I dazed into the picturesque view of sunset.

“We’re the Duo Sex Gods anyway.”He replied as he chuckled.

“Did you already know about that?”I asked as I widened my eyes at him. He still chuckled then licked the ice cream again.

“I already know it. I didn’t know that we’re that hot.”He said with a high self confidence.

“We came from the best genes after all.”I replied as I finished the last bite of my hotdog. 

Who the hell came out with the name of this food? It sounds funny.

H-O-T-D-O-G. 

A hot dog.

Pfft… why am I thinking of a seductive stray dog?

“Why are you laughing?”Calvin asked making me snapped from my stupid thought. 

“Uh… nothing. I just remember something funny.”I said stuttering a bit at him. He just took a deep breath and smiled at the sky. I looked up at the sky too and watching the sky becoming redder and redder. I smiled fascinated at the beautiful view. 

I wish my queen is here with me right now.

“It has been 3 months, right?”Calvin suddenly asked about my queen. My smile dropped and I lowered my head. 

“Hmm… it has been 3 months.”I replied and slide my hands into the pants pockets.

“Did you still love her?”

“I don’t know… I felt I want to give up but I can’t.”

“You’re doomed, dude. You’re totally fallen for her.”

“It’s a bad thing or not?”

“Sometimes it is but sometimes it is not.”

“What do you mean?”I asked with a frown on my forehead don’t fathom at his words. 

So, I can love her but I can’t love her… this is complicated.

“I mean you can’t force someone to love you but you can’t force yourself to love someone too.”

“Love at first sight is the most risky one. It’s because you’re still a newcomer in the love world. One wrong step and BOOM… game over.”He continued his talk about love and my mouth was opened hearing his amazing talk.

“That’s why I’m very lucky to have you as my best friend. You’re a love expert.”

“Of course I am a love expert. Don’t you know my name is Calvin ‘Eros’ Hugh?”He said like an arrogant jerk as he nudged his arm at mine. Well, he’s always an arrogant jerk. 

We burst out into laughter until my phone rang. 

“Hello?”I answered after I saw the caller ID.

“Adam? It’s me, Victoria’s mom.”

“Yeah, I know. What’s wrong?”

“Victoria… she’s…”

“What’s happened?”I asked frantically and Calvin just watched me in confusion.

“She’s awake…”

I was tongue tied after I heard her words.

My queen… is awake.

My queen’s awake!

“My queen’s awake!”I shouted at Calvin with an ear to ear smile at him. He just smiled back and I hop into his car.

“Let’s go! I want to meet her!”